Is 330cc Breast Implants Too Big for a Petite Frame?

I'm 5'0", 105lbs. Which size is right for me? I am having surgery on the 22nd of this month. I am currently a small A and want to go to a small C. Is 330ccs to much for me?

Breast implant size

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Follow the advice of your plastic surgeon when choosing breast implant size.

+1

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will recommend and optimal breast implant size for you based on your biometric measurements of your chest and breasts and using a sizing system which places different size breast implants into your bra.

That said size range you are considering seems appropriate to your goals.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Is 330cc too big?

+1

Implant sizing depends on several factors.  This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Is 330cc too big for you?

+1

Thank you for your question.  There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Sugene Kim, MD

What size implant for petite woman

+1

In general for size zero or one below 5'5" I rarely if every recommend anything larger than a 300cc implants.  You need to try them on to get a feel for how they will look when implanted.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Implant size and cost

+1

Implant size is difficult, but as long as you are in the right ballpark it will be ok.

In my experience, someone with your frame will end up with a large B to small C with 300cc. 325 to 350 should be in the C cup range.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

I find questions like these to be interesting , because without seeing you none of us can really give you an accurate answer. If you have found a qualified plastic surgeon and he feels this size is adequate I think you should trust the decision and go with it.

David E. Kim, MD

Implant choices

+1

It is hard to say whether or not the volume you selected would be best to reach the desired size. You can do a baggy test of try sizers on to see how the volume fits in a bra for you.

Breast implant size should fit a person's frame

+1

The most important thing I tell my patients when discussing breast augmentaion is not to worry about the number of cc's they want but the look they are trying to achieve. Several factors go into selecting an implant size. These include the size of a womens breast, the laxity of her skin and the look she is trying to achieve.

The only way to know if 330cc implants are right for you is to discuss your wishes with your plastic surgeon and allow him/ her to evaluate you. He/she can then determine what size implant will work best for you and allow you to achieve the optimal results from your surgery.

David A. Robinson, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon