Naturally Looking Full C Cup with 400cc Silicone Breast Implants?

I am 5'5, 105 lbs, with 32A breasts and wanting a full C cup. I will be having 400CC silicone breast implants, Modplus. Would this give me natural look?

How to achieve a Full C with Breast augmentation - Look at your plastic surgeons results to see what a "C" means to you

+7
You need to first determine whether you and your plastic surgeon share the same opinion about what what a natural looking breast implant result looks like. Look at many, many before and after images.  I have attached a link to my before and after breast augmentation gallery below.

The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume. The Full C seems to be one of the mist requested bra sizes, yet it means different things to different people. 
If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.
For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole.  Look at many, many before and after images. Using images from your surgeon's before and after gallery is a very valuable means of communicating your goals. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Natural C Cup

+4

There will  be absolutely nothing natural-looking about a 400 cc M+ silicone breast implant on your very lean frame!  With a size 32 chest/bra, cup size increases rapidly with even modest volume increases.  Larger M+ silicone implants will be too wide for your native breast width, imparting a matronly look to your breasts.  Further, these wider implants will encroach upon the armpit area because the implant has to go somewhere.  Increasing the volume will most certainly require a High Profile device, especially with Mentor implants.  Please consider the long-tern effects of large implants on your soft tissues!  You will have ample opportunities to adjust the volume during future implant exchanges, especially if your weight changes in the years to come.  With your build, backing off 100 cc or so can still provide a very desirable result.  Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done.  Speak with a surgeon who has your best interests in mind.           

Brian M. Braithwaite, MD

Naturally occuring C cup.

+4

For your given height, you far less than your ideal body weight of 130 lbs.This likely means that any implant placed in a small breast with a small amount of body fat will have an obvious augmentation appearance. Statisitically you would achieve a C cup with a 350cc Implant. The 400cc implant is likely to be somewhat obvious.

400 cc implants not the most natural look for a petite woman

+3

There are really a couple of questions here. One is what you mean by a "natural" look. An interesting study from a few years ago found that what plastic surgeons consider natural was not the same as what patients really wanted when they said the natural look is what they were after. patients tended to select more upper fullness (and so a larger size.) However, 400 cc breasts on a woman of 105 lbs. is just not something that occurs naturally very often. If beleivability is what you want then 400 cc is too large.

The other thing is cup size, which relates to the size of the chest as much as the volume of the breasts. A C cup on one person is a different look than someone of different stature. It's a better idea to focus on the look you want without reference to cup size.

Richard Baxter, MD

Implant size

+1
I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Volume, projection, diameter, and your personal preferences

+1
The size you should be choosing by trying on sizers.  This will give you the best estimate of what it is going to look like.  Then when you have chosen what you think to be the best size for you, the surgeon can make suggestions based on your breast dimensions.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Naturally-looking full 'C' cup with 400cc silicone breast implants?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Given your description and wishes, an implant to fit your chest may be the right one for you. The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast. Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you. Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires. Consideration for the gummy bear implant is also a thought. Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.

Consult with a surgeon who will discuss the various options, implants, incision location, implant placement, etc. it is difficult to give you recommendations without an examination and measurements. Good luck and best wishes for a terrific result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant size

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS