Can I Get Breast Implants at 16-18?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1

It is not recommended unless for a resconstructive purpose, see a local surgeon to discuss options and bring your parents

Breast Augmentation at 18

+1

Breast augmentation at 18 is reasonable unless the patient is still developing.  18 is the youngest at which most surgeons will consider performing cosmetic breast augmentation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation For A Teenager

+1

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Breast augmentation for teens is a delicate matter. Several variables are to be assessed before undergoing breast augmentation.

Physically, the breasts have to be fully developed. Psychologically, the patients has to be at a certain level of maturity. Socially, the support of the patient's family is essential.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

BAM at 16 years

+1

You need to have reached mental and physical maturity to have this procedure. I would not do this procedure on anyone who is less than 18 years of age.

Waiting may be better

+1

Technically, if your breasts have finished developing and you are mature enough and have a supportive family you can have breast augmentation with saline implants.  I believe that this procedure should be performed below the age of eighteen in cases where there are large asymmetries between the breasts, tubular breasts or other easily noticeable differences that affect patients in an adverse way.  Just enhancing "beautiful breasts" should probably wait until you're at least eighteen.

Breast implants for teenagers

+1

L,

Teens can indeed undergo breast augmentation.  You would be limited to saline filled implants, as silicone gel filled implants are only available to patients 22 years and older.  If you are 18, technically, you do not need your parents consent.  Some breasts do not develop fully until later in adolescence, so an evaluation and discussion with your pediatrician would be recommended.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

Teenage Breast Augmentation

+1

I think that augmentation at too young an age can be unsatisfying over the long term. First, the chest wall and breast tissues can still be growing and maturing. The expectation of a large-ish implant under immature tissues can actually cause atrophy and thinning of the overlying tissues, leading to faster fatigue of the tissues and loss of elasticity. Second, psychologically the young patient hasn't lived in her skin for very long in an adult state, so expectations about surgical results are derived from outside rather than inside cues. And young people generally are more suggestible and vulnerable to peer pressure. 

I would focus on fitness and good self esteem until her early to mid 20's before considering this hopefully satisfying operation.

Dan Downey MD FACS

Downey Plastic Surgery

Breast implants at 16-18

+1

While it is certainly possible to have breast implants at this age, it is not the norm.  Certainly if there is significant asymmetry or growth issues then my threshold to perform this is lower.It is best to get permission of your parents and seek consultation to see if you are a candidate. Good luck.

Breast augmentation for under 18

+1

It's important to evaluate you in person. Both physical, psychological and emotional maturity are needed in order to make such an important decision about your body. It's also critical to have the support of your parents. You need to have a complete and thorough consultation before making an informed decision about breast implants. The reason that you want breast implants, your understanding of breast implant surgery and the responsibility of managing your breast implants afterward are all important issues that needs to be addressed during your consultation. Make sure you have several consultations before deciding. Finally, remember that delaying your decision until later age is a perfectly acceptable option.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Breast implants younger than 18

+1
Dear Louise, You may have saline implants if you are younger than 18 years old provided your breasts have fully developed. Additionally, you should demonstrate cognitive maturity to undergo a surgical procedure. This must be carefully planned and discussed with your parents or guardian present. In my practice, I prefer the TUBA procedure for saline augmentation as there arent any visible scars. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.AristocratPS.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation/tuba/