Implants Are Saggy and Dropped 10 Years Post-op

my implants 10 years down the line look saggy and have dropped. i cannot afford to renew them so can i have the same ones stilll in but uplifted ?

Implants don't sag: people do.

+1

If you are going in to lift 10 year old implants, it only makes reasonable sense to replace them at this opportune time. Ask yourself if you would be upset if they ruptured a year or two from now and you found yourself  back for another surgery. However, it is your option to do the lift alone.

Breast lift and implants

+1

If you have had implants for more than 10 years and are deciding to have a lift, I would probably recommend changing the implants at the same time.

Sagging after implants - 10 years later

+1

If the implant position is good and the problem is with the way the breast tissue hangs over the implants, a breast lift can be performed without any manipulation of the implants. However, a breast lift can cost as much or more than a reaugmentation. I recommend seeing a plastic surgeon to at least find out what your options are.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

"Saggy" breast implants after ten years

+1

While every woman and every situation is different, in general, if you are dissatisfied with the breasts and they have changed, be sure they are not ruptured.  If saline implants, rupture and deflation are obvious.  If gel, you may need MRI, high resolution ultrasound, or another imaging study to determine status of implants.

If they aren't ruptured, it becomes a cosmetic issue.  My recommendation after ten years or longer is that implants should be replaced if you are having a revision, such as breast lift.  It doesn't cost that much more, and may prevent return to the operating room for an implant related problem within the next few years.

Steve Laverson, MD

CORRECTION OF SAGGY BREAST TISSUE AFTER IMPLANTS

+1

Difficult to answer your question without good photos.

If the implants are soft and in good position and the skin has loosened, then only a breast lift is required with no need to address the implants.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Sagging Augmented Breasts 10 years after Breast Augmentation

+1

Regarding: " Implants Are Saggy and Dropped 10 Years Post-op
my implants 10 years down the line look saggy and have dropped. i cannot afford to renew them so can i have the same ones stilll in but uplifted
?"

Time and gravity ALWAYS win and sagging in not preventable. If there is nothing wrong with your implants, the breasts can be made perky with a Breast Lift (Mastopexy) without having to change the implants.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Implants don't sag - you do.

+1

Without a photo it isn't completely possible to evaluate you but in almost all circumstances like yours, it is the tissue that has sagged off the implants and not the implants themselves.  If the implants are fine, you can do a lift and leave them alone.  Still expensive though.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS