I Get Bad Sharp Pain Inside Left Breast Around Implant. Feels Like Trapped Air?

Hi my name is Sars.. i got my implants 7months ago lately i get a sharp pain in my left breast every so often feels like its outside implant like air/wind lasts awhile then feels like it pops can last afew mins but really really painful stops me from moving i havent heard of anyone else experience this can you help but just today bottom of my breast looks like dark shadow around it thank you

Pain after Breast Implant Surgery

+1

You should consider other more serious causes of chest pain. If you are in good health and have no other causes of pain like heart related pain, reflux, costochondritis, or peptic ulcer disease, you may have pain related to irritation of your nerves. Neuropathic pain or nerve related pain maybe caused by irritation or scar tissue or maybe a pressure related phenomenon. Rest assure, there are several treatments for pain due to breast implants. If you do have pain, begin massage to the area of pain to help desensitize the area. If at least 6 months and preferably 12 months have passed after your breast implant surgery, some modalities that may help resolve your pain are:

1. Local Steroid injection to area of pinpoint pain

2. Flector transdermal NSAID patch

3. Intercostal nerve block

You should consult with your plastic surgeon to determine what is most appropriate for you and your particular signs and symptoms. Good Luck, Ankit Desai, MD - Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Strange sensations after implants

+1

The symptoms you describe are very strange.  I would suggest going to your surgeon to be evaluated to make sure everything is okay.

Pain and shadowing of breast after augmentation

+1

What you describe is not a typical symptom, particularly at 7 months postoperatively. Having "shadowing" could definitely imply tissue thinning and a concern for exposure of the implant. I recommend consulting with your plastic surgeon as soon as you can for a proper examination.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Pain and shadow after breast implants

+1

Some pain is normal after breast augmentation surgery, but usually resolves within a few months of the surgery. Excruciating pain such as you describe along with a shadowy appearance of the breast may be indicative of an underlying problem such as infection or tissue thinning, and you should seek evaluation by your plastic surgeon.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Sharp Pains around 7 month old Breast Implants

+1

Regarding: "I Get Bad Sharp Pain Inside Left Breast Around Implant. Feels Like Trapped Air?
Hi my name is Sars.. i got my implants 7months ago lately i get a sharp pain in my left breast every so often feels like its outside implant like air/wind lasts awhile then feels like it pops can last afew mins but really really painful stops me from moving i havent heard of anyone else experience this can you help but just today bottom of my breast looks like dark shadow around it thank you"

Sorry to hear about your situation. You do NOT have free air around the implant but obviously something is not normal. It could be a nerve process, an underlying inflammation of the chest lining (Pleuritis) or thinning of the breast tissue with exposure of the implant. To know exactly, see your surgeon.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tissue thinning typically looks like dark shadow you describe

+1

You need to see your plastic surgeon about this issue. Your skin may be thinning over the area you describe. Or you could have a small fluid collection in that area. Either way, your surgeon needs to know so you can be evaluated and treated.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Air around breast implant and shadow: see a plastic surgeon

+1

It is highly unlikely that you have any air around implant. However, it does sound as if you are experiencing some thinning of the tissue around the implant. You should seek evaluation by a plastic surgeon.