Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Im a small 34b im 23 years old but look 16 will my breast stay this size or like i said i look 16 is it possible that my body is developing at a slower rate i guess?

Will breasts keep growing after age 23

+4
Breasts will have fully developed by age 23. Changes in weight and / pregnancy can change the breasts. Many women are fully developed, but have very minimal breast tissue I have provided a link to my breast augmentation gallery. You will see many adult women with very little breast tissue prior to breast augmentation surgery who elect to have breast augmentation and have a beautify, natural result. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Your breast can change throughout your life time

+2

If you are a late developer your breast may continue to change a bit, and your breast will indeed change throughout your life. The breast isn't mature until your first pregnancy when the glandular breast will develop. Size can change with weight loss or gain as well. If volume is the issue an augmentation might be right for you.

Will my breast keep growing

+1
Good Question.

By 23 your body is essentially fully grown and that includes your breasts.  What may cause a change in their size is fluctuations in weight but not age. 

Hope that helps

Rady Rahban, MD

Breast development

+1
Even if you look 16, your breasts have probably reached maturity by now. However, they will most likely change in size/shape with pregnancy, weight fluctuations and aging. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast changes throughout life.

+1
Dear Bebe,
In general, breasts will stop 'growing' when all other hormone related phenomenon from puberty stop changing. Some women have early puberty and early finishing of these changes, and some women have later and a more prolonged course.  However, any changes to hormone levels, such as in pregnancy, nursing, etc. can change breasts, OCP may change growth, certain tumors may affect growth, weight gain will affect size, etc. The breast is composed of the breast gland that grows related to hormone levels of estrogen and prolactin, but some women's breast tissue have more 'hormone receptors' than other women's and thus are more sensitive to hormone levels.  That is why the hormone creams etc do not work on someone who naturally have smaller breasts because they are less sensative to hormones.  In addition, the breast is also composed of fat tissue which grows and shrinks with weight gain and loss.  So there is no simple answer here.
Best Wishes!
Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Size of breast

+1
Most women are through developing from puberty around 15-16 years of age, but a few will continue until about 20-21.  Unless you become pregnant or gain weight, your breasts may not change in size for quite some time.  You might want to see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss augmentation options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast development

+1
Your breasts are most likely done (or very nearly done) growing. If you desire larger breasts contact a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options (implants or fat transfer). Best of luck!

Grant Stevens, MD

Will my breasts keep growing after 23?

+1
It is unlikely that your breasts will continue to develop more after this age, unless other factors play in such as weight gain, hormone imbalances, or pregnancy.   Every woman's breast size and shape is unique.     Many women have breast surgery if they are not happy with their breasts after they are fully developed.   Procedures such as breast implants or fat grafting can increase the volume and improve the shape of breasts. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD

Breast Growth Usually Stops By Age 20

+1

Although breast growth varies from patient to patient, it generally stops between 16 and 20 years of age. Even though growth stops, the breast continues to undergo changes for the remainder of a women’s life. This is affected by weight gain, pregnancy, lactation and gravity.

At 23, it’s unlikely that your breasts will change without a life changing event such as pregnancy or weight gain. In patients with stable breast size, breast augmentation is definitely a consideration.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

In General, Breasts Stop Growing Before 23 Years of Age

+1
Normally, breast development begins between the ages of 7 and 13 and ends at approximately 18 years of age.These are average numbers and there are certainly potential exceptions.Sometimes different forms of birth control pills can lead to some degree of breast enlargement.In general however, you should expect your breasts to have stopped growing by the age of 23.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon