Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Im a small 34b im 23 years old but look 16 will my breast stay this size or like i said i look 16 is it possible that my body is developing at a slower rate i guess?

Will breasts keep growing after age 23

Breasts will have fully developed by age 23. Changes in weight and / pregnancy can change the breasts. Many women are fully developed, but have very minimal breast tissue I have provided a link to my breast augmentation gallery. You will see many adult women with very little breast tissue prior to breast augmentation surgery who elect to have breast augmentation and have a beautify, natural result. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Your breast can change throughout your life time

If you are a late developer your breast may continue to change a bit, and your breast will indeed change throughout your life. The breast isn't mature until your first pregnancy when the glandular breast will develop. Size can change with weight loss or gain as well. If volume is the issue an augmentation might be right for you.

Will Breasts Grow after Age 23?

The age at which the breasts stop growing is variable, but most women don't grow any larger at age 23. Your breasts may enlarge with your first pregnancy or with weight gain. However, if your weight stays the same at age 23, then you should not get any larger in your breast. I think it is a safe time to consider breast augmentation using silicone or saline breast implants. 

Stanley Castor, MD

I'm 23 will my breasts keep growing?

Although the age at which breast development stops is variable, most women are done by age 23. Another way to assess this is to look at when your breasts have stopped changing shape. If it has been more than a year than this likely represents where things will stay.

I hope this helps!

Bryan Correa, MD

Breast aging

breast age like the remaining of the body.

weight and hormones are the most influence on the breast.

weight change, pregnancy and menopause are the main factor for breast change

while you are outside those changes, the breast will change a little

Jacques Haddad, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Breast Development

Thank you for your question. Breast development is usually at its maximum at this age. If you aren't happy with your size, Breast Augmentation would be a great consideration fro you. I advise you to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation. Good luck.

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast development

Breast development usually stops at the end of puberty.This is typically age 16-18 years old. But since every woman is different, these numbers can vary slightly by a few years. Weight loss, weight gain, and pregnancy can all affect the size of your breasts.

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

While your breasts have finished growing by about 18 years of age you will see changes in them over the rest of your life. Hormone fluctuations as well as pregnancy and lactation will affect the size and shape in variable ways. If you want larger breasts at this point the only reliable way of achieving that would be with an implant or fat grafting. Best of luck!

Breasts can continue changing in appearance

Although your breasts have likely matured as much as they’re going to by age 23, that’s not to say that you won’t continue experiencing some changes in size, shape or appearance throughout your lifetime. Weight fluctuations, future pregnancies, breastfeeding and hormone levels related to your age can all have an impact on your breasts. If you feel that you’d like to increase your cup size, breast implants are always an option, and can give you very natural-looking results that are still proportionate to your frame.

Will Breast Keep Growing After 23?

Women's breasts develop throughout puberty. They usually stop developing around the age of 18. At the age of 23 your will likely not develop any further, but their size and shape may change with fluctuations in hormones, changes in weight, pregnancy and breast-feeding, and the natural process of aging.

If your breasts have fully developed and you are seeking to increase their size than breast augmentation is a procedure that can help increase the volume of the breast. This can be performed by using an implant, or in certain situations, the use of fat transfer. 

Austin Hayes, MD