Snoopy/Waterfall Deformity at 8 Weeks? (photo)

8 weeks ago I had high-profile, Mentor, silicone implants (425cc left/475cc right) placed dual-plane. Initially they rode extremely high (see previous "frankenboob" question/photos). For 6 weeks I continuously wore a strap, and I massage 6-8 times a day. The right is settling nicely, but the left appears to have a snoopy or waterfall deformity. Both are still mildly firm/taut. Will the look & feel improve in time or am I likely to need a revision? If it matters, I am 33, no kids, 5'8", 140 lbs.

Snoopy deformity after augmentations

+4

are most common when you started with borderline drooping.  Regardless, now that have your implants in, you need to decide if you wish to keep the upper pole fullness that you have or if you're willing to sacrifice it to fill the bottom more.  If you want the fullness, you can anticipate needing a minor mastopexy that can be done in the office under local.  If you want more naturalness and want to avoid the breast lift, you need to strap aggressively as you can still effect changes, even though you are past the window of best opportunity. 

Snoopy/Waterfall Deformity at 8 Weeks?

+2

Continue with the massages and strapping for another 6 weeks. Than if still unhappy consider a donut lift or other more invasive operations. 

Possible Implant Malposition

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  At 8 weeks out, it is still too early to make a decision about a revision.  At least 3 months (or more) need to pass before understanding more about what your final result will look like.  I will say that it is unlikely to see more "settling" after 3 months.  I would continue the massage and push-down wrap for now.  Your left implant is indeed sitting high and I hope this does not also represent some capsular contracture as you mentioned that the breasts feel quite firm.  If it remains this way, you may need a revision of your implant pocket to lower the breast. 

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Post-op breast augmentation issue

+2

It is still too early to tell what may or may not need to be doen. Both implants are still a bit high , obviously your left one is higher.

High breast implant

+2

It is still too early after surgery to judge the need for revision, however, I would have expected your left side to have dropped more by now.  If you have smooth implants, implant displacement exercises may help, particularly pushing down on the left side.  If it doesn't improve more in the next month or so, I would consider a revision to lower the implant which is relatively simple.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Snoopy Deformity and High Riding Implants at 2 months

+2

By your body frame, your implant sizes and characteristics seem reasonable. One of the most important steps at the time of surgery is to create a pocket that matches the size of implant that's being placed. If a small implant is chosen by a patient, then an appropriate sized pocket is created to accommodate the corresponding volume. On the other hand, if a larger implant is chosen, then a pocket should be developed accommodate the larger volume. Deformities, such as high riding implants, or excessively firm or taut breasts can occur when a large implant is placed in an under-expanded pocket that has a space that is too tight or too small.

Thanks for sharing your photos and questions. Best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Implants Settling

+1

I would suggest massaging downward on the implants. A velcro strap above the breast called a bando can also help to fill out your lower breast with the implants. If after several more months, you are still concerned with the shape, you could consider a lift or perhaps a re-position of the implants.

Michael Horn, MD

Snoopy deformity

+1

I suspect your right side will be fine after another 2 months. However I am suspicious that you may have some contracture on the left which may need  inferior release. You had significant asymmetry before surgery. There is no harm waiting for another 2 months to see if there will be change.  If surgery is required on the left it is fairly minimal. Good luck!

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon