Bowling Ball Look? (photo)

Hi, I'm 5'4 123 lbs with 550cc Mentor mod plus silicone under the muscle, nearly 3 months post op. I love my size, but I feel I have a highly unnatural looking result. Is this common, is it the placement, size, or profile of the implant? Is there anything that can be done for them to look more real or do I have to downsize for a more natural looking result? Do they just need to drop more?

Big

+1
Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Bowling ball breast implant appearance due to very large implants

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. The appearance of your breast implants which you describe is bowling ball is due to the fact that you have had very large implants placed. Considering the size of your implants your result is very acceptable for 500 cc implants placed in breasts with somewhat low riding nipples.

If you want your breasts to look more normal and a combination of smaller breast implants and a lift may help. Please consult your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/breast-lift/sagging-breasts-how-to-lift-and-firm-your-breast-after-pregnancy/

It's all about proportions

+1

More than likely it has to do with the large size of  implant on your petite frame.  If you desire a more natural look, you may opt to exchange them for a smaller implant. Best to wait a full year after surgery before considering an exchange.

Bowling Ball look

+1

You have large implants relative to your chest size and height and weight. You say the size is great, therefore the look cannot be changed. You need smaller implants if you want to look more natural.

Breast Implant Proprotions

+1

The implants seem to be too large/wide for your frame. They may drop a bit more in the upcoming months but the overall appearance will not change significantly. Allow for a few more months of healing before considering further surgery to downsize and/or lift the breasts if needed.

Web reference: http://www.drpedyganchi.com

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

With very large implants, they overtake your upper chest. They are too wide and too larger probably for your frame.  

Revision breast augmentation should give you more natural shape.

+1

Hi.

1)  They will not drop on their own.

2)  The profile is fine.

3)  The implant pockets are too high and a little asymmetrical.

4)  I would go slightly smaller.

Implants too large

+1

There are a number of things that make these look unnatural. The implants seem too large for your general proportions, they extend beyond the chest wall toward the arms, and the nipples and areolas are too low

If you really want to maintain this size, doing a breast lift will improve that aspect of the appearance. Overall I would prefer to see smaller implants and a lift to get a more appropriate look.

Discuss these with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

You got what was done.

+1

You have very large breasts, the upper pole fullness is due to the sub muscular placement. I don't think they will change much in time. 

Bowling ball look after breast augmentation

+1

When the breast is over augmented there is not enough breast tissue to hide the implant and the breast becomes round and ballooned out. If you really want natural then you should consider a moderate profile implant which is smaller and a better fit to you.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.