Advice for Too Small Breast Implants?

I feel that my implants are way too small (I got 275cc filled to 300 under the muscle). I feel like my surgeon did not properly advise me on choosing a size. I wear the same bra size! Any suggestions?

My implants are too small.

+7

I think several surgeons have answered this question quite well.  If you have a good surgeon he will revise your implant size with no additional surgeons fee.  You may have an anesthesia and OR fee.  In our office we use a sizing procedure with bras filled with shaped silicone devices. It has really helped the patients determine the appropriate size for them.  New 3D technology is out that also allows some offices to recreate your postoperative result and determine the best implant size and shape for you.  Our office will likely have this in the next couple of weeks and take the guess work out of the implant sizing process.

Web reference: http://stlcosmeticsurgery.com/

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

No perfect way to pick size

+6

Sorry to hear about your disappointing results. I agree with the previous answers that it should be avoidable with good communication. There are a number of approaches to picking the implant size and none of them are perfect. Some surgeons insist on choosing the size for the patient based on measurements and other factors, but in my opinion that too often leads to situations like yours. On the other hand, if you are choosing by placing samples in a bra with the cup size you want, that is not always as accurate as we would like either. And sometimes what looks great early on seems too small later, or the other way around. Your best uotcome at this point will be to work with your surgeon and come up with a plan.

Best

Too Small Breast Implants-Try New Mentor Sizing System

+5

Thank you for your question. Many, many women wish they had chosen larger Breast Implants. Most often the reason is that they were "afraid they would look too big" and exp[ressed this fear to their surgeon.

There is a new Breast Implant Sizing system that finally gives patients the opportunity to fairly accurately estimate how different sizes of Breast Implants will look on them.

Check the new system out on Loveyourlook dot com.

If you want to go bigger consult your surgeon and go bigger but use the sizing system to be sure you make the right choice.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Give things time to heal, and then discuss your options with your surgeon

+5

I would wait a few months before considering a revision procedure, but if your implants are not providing you the size or look that you want, you surgeon will certainly work with you to help improve things. This will take some time, additional costs, and careful communication between the two of you, but in the end, if you are not happy with things, a second operation will likely be your best option.

Web reference: http://www.drsalemy.com

Sorry about that.

+5

This is unfortunate, and tragic really, and resulted from inadequate communication. You are not at fault, and at this point, the only thing that matters is getting you happy.

Timing is important. You should wait several months after your surgery and be healthy and well healed prior to considering additional surgery. The bad news is that you will need larger inplants. The good news is that if all other aspects of the outcome are satisfactory, the next operation will be much easier on you.

You need to chat with the doctor to come up with a plan. Perhaps he can get the inplants comped by the company as a gesture of good faith and human kindness.

sek

Unhappy with implant size

+4

You can always have surgery to increase the implant size, but if you just got the implants, my first advice is to wait a few months before considering a revision. The position and shape of the breasts does change in the initial postoperative period, so it is wise to allow some time for this. Also, if you have 300 cc implants in and wear the same bra size, you probably were wearing the wrong size bra either before or after the augmentation. I always tell patients we cannot guarantee a cup size because each brand of lingerie fits differently, and you can be completely different cup sizes depending on the brand. Generally speaking, 150-200 cc of added volume adds roughly a cup size, but each body shape and bra type is different so this is not a strict conversion. In any case I would let your surgeon know you are unhappy with the size and see what he or she recommends. Your surgeon may waive the surgeon’s fee if you do decide to go larger in size.

Breast implant size

+4

Based on the description of your breasts being “way too small” I believe you will benefit from re-augmentation with larger implants. I suggest communicating (calmly)  with your surgeon explaining your goals. I think that the use of goal pictures is helpful in this communication process. This tends to be more accurate than the use of words or discussion of cup size which (as you have found out)  can be arbitrary.

More than likely your surgeon will do whatever he or she can to help you reach your goals.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

You should wait several months to see how they settle

+4

It really is best to wait several months to let the swelling resolve and the tissues settle. Please don't rush into any quick decisions about changing out your implants without giving it time. If in several months, you still are not happy, then discuss with your surgeon about switching out the implants. Good luck.

Work with your surgeon here

+4

If you go to another doctor, you will be starting entirely over, including paying another full price for surgery. It would be best to work with your doctor and try to get to the result you want. In some situations, an adjustable saline implant can give you the total control of the final size and look.

Breast implant sizing can be more difficult than you would imagine because often a patient doesn't have the body for the result they want and sometimes, even the patient isn't really sure what they want or how to communicate it.

Try your best to convey what it was you wanted and see what your doctor can do for you. There will be charges for this I am sure, but much less than going to another doctor.

Implant Size Selection

+3

The most common complaint heard after breast implant surgery "I WISH I'D GONE BIGGER".

Of the 4 essential choices that must be made before implant surgery, the most difficult choice is the size of the implants!  Here are the choices:

1. Size
  2. Incision (Inframammary, Peri-areolar, TUBA, Axillary)
  3. Above or below the muscle
  4. Saline or silicone

Talk with your PS, look at photographs of other women who underwent implant surgery, look at your photographs and measurements, try on implant sizers, talk to other women who have had the procedure, make sure your PS knows your desires.

If you are not happy with your current size, exchange procedures for bigger implants are very successful and there is much less pain and discomfort than the original procedure.  Most of the time, the same incision can be utilized (no new scar) and all the pain and discomfort from the original stretching and pulling does not occur with the exchange procedure.  Most PS will work with you financially if they performed the original procedure.

Good Luck!

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon