Massive, out of Shape Breasts from Bigger Implants

I'm 5'2" and had breast implants. I asked for 600cc and they put 750cc. I am not happy, as my breasts are massive and out of shape. It has only been 3days. Would they go down to a smaller size? What cup size is 750cc? Isn't it wrong for the doctor disrespect my decision? What should I do now?

Size Affects Shape!

+2

Success in getting the results you hope to achieve requires:

1. choosing the right surgeon
  2. good communication with your surgeon
  3. a sense of proportion in selecting an implant size
  4. understanding the implications of size for the shape of your breast

Some practical suggestions:

1. set up an appointment to speak with your surgeon
  2. let the receptionist know why you are making this appointment
  3. ask that the doctor be informed in advance as to the reason for your appointment
  4. ask that enough time be scheduled to adequately discuss your concerns
  5. bring a list of all your questions
  6. ask specifically about your concerns, including:
    1. what is the ideal size for your aesthetic goals?
    2. how well will that size implant fit your body?
    3. how will the size of the implant affect breast shape?
    4. how will the shape of the implant affect breast shape?
    5. what combination of implant size and shape is best for fitting the size of your chest and breast?
    6. what is your surgeon's suggestion for surgery or replacement?
  7. get a second opinion from a well qualified and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com/denver-breast-augmentation-breast-implants

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Communication is the key to success when it comes to implant size selection

+2

On anyone except a large women with a wide chest a 750 cc implant would be huge. On a women with a small frame, 5'2" this implant would be quite large. The decision on which size implant to use comes only after an indepth consultaiton with a plastic surgeon. Communication is the absolute key to success. In my opinion, most women desire a natural appearance following a breast augmentation. Many calculations can be performed to help estimate the size of implant to be ultimately used but many decisions can only be made during the operation once the pocket has been developed and the elasticity of the tissue has been evaluated. Trial or sizing implants are a good way to determine the appropriate size of implant to be used. At this point you should return to your plastic surgeon for routine follow ups. Review your goals and desires. Ask why this size of implant was selected. Some where in the course of your consultation size must have been discussed. There is 150 cc of volume difference between a 600 and a 750 cc implant, this is about 3/4 of a cup size, if I had to guess.

Joint decision

+2

Cup size does not relate directly to implant size and is only, at best, an estimation. 600 ccs and certainly 750ccs sound quite large for a patient of your stature, but any decision should be a joint decision based on your normal anatomy and your desires, coupled with risk factors and discussions with your surgeon relating to side effects and long-term complications.

Rarely, if ever, should a patient dictate an implant based on pure volume since there are many different implants giving different results with the same absolute volume.

In addition, surgeons should always take a patient's desire into consideration since that is what the procedure is all about yet in the end, it should be a collaborative, joint decision as to what the end results should resemble. The implant is the servant to the end result.

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

Size is a personal decision with in put from your surgeon

+1

For your size and weight, both 600cc and 750cc implants sound very large.

Shape is my responsibility / I need your help for Size

In my practice we feel that a critical component of the consultation process is the examination, followed by working with you through looking at before and after pictures of other patients that have had surgery for comparison.

I tell patients that it is my responsibility to explain what shape I would anticipate for them and I show them before and after photos of similar patients.

For size, I will generally recommend a starting point for sizing and give options for implant sizers, but I rely on feedback from the patient for help in determining the ultimate size to be used at surgery.

Size is determined BEFORE going to the operating room

Except for unique circumstances, the implant size and shape is predetermined before we go to the operating room. At the pre-operative visit I personally write-out and review word-for-word all of the significant factors regarding the breasts and implants that I feel are significant and impact your surgery.

As for your situation of getting a different implant than you expected, I can't speak to the communication you had with your surgeon before surgery. For those that are planning a surgery in the future, I would suggest that you are very clear ahead of time so that there are not surprises afterward.

Hope this helps,

Nick Slenkovich, MD FACS

Web reference: http://www.coloradoplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation.aspx

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

You will have to talk to your doctor regarding the implant size.  I do not know why your doctor put in a larger implant than what you had discussed. As for cup size it is difficult to predict because all bra companies are different.

Take time on breast implant sizing discussions

+1

Both those sizes are pretty huge on a 5' 2" woman. Discussions at pre-op and consultation are handled differently by different practices. I likely would have told you I thought you were going too large. Of course there is no way to know what you might have done with that information. At this point you should have a "sit down" with your surgeon and come to a mutual deciusion about what to do.

Orange Plastic Surgeon