Full C Cup Breast Implants Too Large for Petite Frame?

I'm considering having breast augmentation. I'm trying to determine the size. I was a full B cup, but since having my son, have actually lost weight and gone down to an A cup. I'm petite at 5 feet and 92 lbs. I'm considereing going to a full C. Would that be too large for my height and frame?

Choosing the right size breast implant.

+3

See this video of mine on choosing a breast implant:

http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorteitelbaum#play/uploads/7/AK7K8TQfhAI

Basically, this is the answer: don't think about cup size. It doesn't mean anything. If you want to look pretty and natural and not fake, then you need to simply pick the implant that fits you. You buy the shoes that fit your feet, right? So why wouldn't you get the breast implant that fits your breasts?

Web reference: http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorteitelbaum#play/uploads/7/AK7K8TQfhAI

Selecting Breast Implant Size

+2

That depends on what you consider a “full C”. Cup size is not the best way to determine the appropriate size of the implants as there is no standard bra. The best thing you can do is bring in photos of the look that you are trying to achieve and discuss your options with your plastic surgeon. The best way to end up with a good result is to start with similar expectations.

Cup size varies according to the person's body frame

+2

When choosing cup size for breast augmentation, you need to keep in mind that a 32C is far different than a 40C, in other words, if you are petite, a C cup will be proportional to your petite frame because your circumference of your upper torso will be small to match your frame. A C cup volume will vary with the person's frame. To determine what a C cup would look like on your frame, you should meet with the prospective surgeons that you are considering and he/she should be able to help you understand what results you would achieve.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Range of sizes for breast implants

+2

Many measurements will be taken at the time of your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. All this information will help to give you a healthy range of sizes for your implants. Trying on implants might be a good way of getting an idea on your new shape.

Hope that helps!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/

Implants & Petite Figure

+1

It’s always difficult making decisions about breast size without performing a physical exam or seeing pre-operative pictures. In addition, the patients underlying anatomy and personal preference for size and shape must be considered.

It’s important to choose breast implants that fit your body. These implants should have harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding structures.

Unfortunately, cup size is not helpful because it means different things to different people. For these reasons, it’s important to find implants that fit your body.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Full C Cup Breast Implants

+1

Implants are measured by volume, not cup size, which can be confusing. Every woman’s body is different, so what looks like a C cup result on one woman might look like a B cup on another, even though the implants were the exact same volume for each. The best breast augmentation results are going to be customized to your existing frame.

As a breast augmentation specialist, I hear this confusion a lot. I’d suggest collecting several photos to bring to your consultation. This will give your surgeon an idea of your appearance goals. Your surgeon is able to translate those images into an implant size that will give you the right results. You can also try “sizers” that let you try on an implant size before surgery, or go to a surgeon who utilizes 3D imaging to get an idea of how different implant sizes will fit your frame.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bra size and breast implants

+1

There is very little correlation of bra size to breast implants as measured in cc. One size bra does not alsoways fit the same as you move across various manufacturers. The best way to determine size is a measurement called breast width. Your plastic surgeon can help you decide what your breast width is to help you to get a better handle on a size and match that with you expectation.

Breast Implant Sizes

+1
It is difficult to get an accurate idea of the size of breasts a woman wants strictly by bra size. Different bras can be sized quite differently. It is better to speak with yor doctor about the size that is best for you with the help of before and after photographs.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breast-augmentation_breast_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1

Choosing the right implants for you requires a physical exam and a discussion of your goals.  I can not predict what would be best for you without the above.