300cc or 280cc Breast Implants for Rounder Look?

I am 5'6" tall, weighing 118 pounds. I want to have 300cc high profile to get more fullness. I am a 34A right now and my breast measurement is 12". My doctor wanted me to have 280cc breast implants because he says sometimes, the implants will bigger if you go smaller as it won't thin out the chest wall. He also said the HP will look really fake but I want a rounder look. What should I do? Will this look bad? He uses Allergan.

Best size of breast implants and breast augmentation

+2

A twenty cc size difference in breast implants, from 280cc to 300cc is minimal.  I often use Allergan high profile implants and,although I haven't examined you, given your frame I believe 300cc would not be too large.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

300 cc vs. 280 cc breast implants

+2

Dear Foxy

Please realize that the difference between 300 cc and 280 cc is about a tablespoon. I use high profile implants in selected patients who want to be large because the base is narrower and the projection greater. Sometimes, it gives a torpedo look (think Madonna way back when) that many patients don't like.

If the implants are too small it may give the breast a funny appearance like cut grapefruits sitting on your chest wall. I would probably go with a Moderate profile plus to give you some fullness all over based on your 12cm base diameter but this is something to discuss with your doctor.

If you don't feel comfortable with your decision seek other opinions until you are happy.

Good Luck!

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

HP

+1

If you want a rounder look, that is what your should get. We each have our own opinion of what is attractive. Keep in mind, a 300 cc MP is a totally different shape than a 300 cc HP and they each fit different chests. If you fit a 300 cc MP, the 400 cc HP will fit you. It is not a big implant and I put them in every day. Good luck!

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

280 vs 300 Implant Selection

+1

This is a very small difference in size that will be difficult for anyone to notice a size difference.   Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Selecting an implant size

+1

There is very little difference between these two implants and more than likely you would do well with either type.  Given your petite chest circumference I do not believe that a 300 cc implant would be too large.  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon,  DR. Z

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast implant size

+1

A 300cc high profile implant might actually be on the small side for your height. It is important to measure chest wall basewidth to determine the right size for your frame. With time you may gain weight but your height won't change. Implants in the mid 200's to low 300's are average to small in our practice.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

300cc or 280cc Breast Implants for Rounder Look

+1

Twienty cc is a minimal difference and will make little, if any, impact on the outcome of the procedure.

Your splitting hairs and breast implants

+1

Foxy,

As you have already read, there is very little visible size difference between a 280cc and a 300cc implant. Being an A cup, your chest wall skin may be too tight for a high profile 300cc implant. I personally use temporary breast sizers during the surgery to determine the most natural appearing implant sizes to provide the results that my patients request. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

1) A rounded look (on top) is not really natural, but many women like it, and there is nothing wrong with that.

2) Don't try to pick implant size yourself. This is a highly technical decision. You have to trust your surgeon to make the right choice based on the look you want (show him or her pictures!) and on your anatomy.

3) Take a look at the breast augmentation page on my web site.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)