Breast Implant Type to Achieve Artificial Look?

I will be meeting with a plastic surgeon to discuss having a Breast Augmentation. I want to achieve a very artificial look so that people can tell right away that they are fake. I know this sounds unusual but if I wanted a natural look I would keep what God gave me. I don't mean that I want them to look asymmetrical, just extremely modified.

So right now I am a 36B with a medium build. What tends to look more artificial: sub-glandular or sub-muscular? High or Moderate profile?

Breast implant size

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Info on breast implants.

+2

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
Manhattan Plastic
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Web reference: http://www.drberaka.com/proc_performed/breast_aug_surgery.html

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

If fake-looking breasts is what you want

+2

As a plastic surgeon, I have spent the last 30 years attempting to create attractive, natural breasts for my patients. I have learned that there are factors that create a fake unnatural appearance and I try to avoid these in my practice.

If you are committed to fake, try the following:

Choose very large implants that are wider than your breasts.

Choose high profile implants; these will look very round and project away from your chest.

Place the implants over the muscle ( subglandular ); helps create the high round look.

Most experienced ethical surgeons will not want to create this look; I hope you have good reasons for this desire and are not setting yourself up for multiple revision surgeries.

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

The best bet for an unnatural breast augmentation

+2

It is unusual that we hear of patients requesting an obvious augmentation result, something we wish to avoid for most. Some may wish to have a very round and projecting 'showy' breast augmentation. Certainly, a subglandular augmentation with a high profile implant, particularly an implant larger than 500cc, will get you to this goal. You may have later regrets, though the implants are more easily revised than a tattoo. Be sure to think things through.

Best of luck.

Fake-looking breast implants

+2

No can fault you for not being honest about your desires from the start! If you really want an obvious look, then go for high-profile saline implants placed above the muscle. There are many reasons why I would not recommend this for my patients, specifically, that this will stretch out your tissues over time, and may set you up for the need for future surgeries to address this. Additional surgery may require additional scars on the breast as well. So, it is truly your choice, but just make sure that when you see your surgeon that he or she informs you of all the consequences of your decision. Best wishes.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Fake Breast Look

+2

If the "fake look" is really the appearance that you are seeking, then you should opt for an implant placed above rather than below the muscle. You should also choose an implant that is quite large and an implant which is larger than the diameter of you breast. Just be sure that this is the look you want. You can have a significant change in the appearance of your breasts and still have a "normal " appearance.

John Whitt, MD

The larger the implant, the more fake it looks

+2

What you are asking for is not a good long term situation. The techniques that will give you the fake look will also require correction or revision sooner. It also may lead to changes that are uncorrectable and permanent.

Here it is. A large saline implant that is overfilled in the subglandular space will give you the most obvious and fake implant look there is. The larger the implant, the more fake it will look.

Good luck,

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant type for artificial look

+2

Easy answer is to go above the chest muscle and saline moderate profile plus in a very large size (over 500 cc's). This will achieve the desired appearance you seek. 

Fake look

+1
This really depends on your pre-surgery measurements and natural breast tissue. In general, if you want an obviously enhanced look, go for something that's larger, saline filled and with more projection. Please think about the long term implications of your surgery,  before you proceed however.

Be honest with your surgeon and open about your expectations. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Artificial Look After Augmentation

+1

Simply put - highly overinflated saline implants placed in the subglandular position.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon