375cc or 400cc Moderate Plus Breast Implants to Get C Cups?

I'm having surgery on the 19th of February. I have seen my PS twice about size. I'm 5'5", 115lbs. My BWD is 12.5 on one side and 12.9 on the other. My ribcage is 29 inches (so 34A as of now). My PS said I was a small to medium A.

I understand that he does this all day every day, and we discussed 375cc and 400cc. Please help me to decide which Breast implant would look best on my frame! I don't want to be too big or look silly.

375 vs 400 cc breast implants

+3

There will be little to no difference in the final size between the two implants. Many patients agaonize over these small differences and don't need to. If anything pick the 400 becasue you will otherwise wish you had gone for the larger size.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

No difference between 375 and 400 cc breast implants other than mental

+3

The only difference between these 2 implants is in your mind. You'd look basically the same with each.

Ask yourself whether your greater fear in a year is thinking you might be a tiny bit too small or too big and this one question will tell you which of these 2 implants to choose. Go with 375 if you want to be sure it's not to big etc.

Then go forward and never look back regrading size as you have done all you can to control it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

375cc vs 400cc implants

+2

There is not much difference between a 375 and 400cc implant.  Its a matter of millimeters.  This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Proper Implant Selection

+2

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant sizing

+2

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

375 cc or 400 cc....which one will be right

+2

Hi...You are worring about the difference of 25 cc's.  This is less than two tablespoons.  If you add these implant sizes to your present breast volume, then you can see that there is basically NO difference in a visual result with putting either implant in place.  For example, suppose you have VERY littel tissue of your own but it is 125 cc's or so.  Now you add the implants mentioned.  No difference noticed.    Finally, if you want to become a real believer in this type of answer, take a coffee cup saucer (considering that the volume of 25 cc's will be spread over a diameter in this range) and add a tablespoon of water and two teaspoons of water...(1 tblespoon is 3 teaspoons).  You will see that there is virtually NO volume worry whatsoever.  If you and your ps have come to the point of using either one of these implant sizes, you win no matter which one you choose.  Good luck.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and cost

+2

It doesn't matter which size you choose, as there is little difference. You could put one on one side the the other on the other side, and probably not be able to tell the difference. Pick a size and don't second guess yourself.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+2
There is an imperceptible distinction between the two implants. Depending on the fill, they will achieve essentially identical results. I find that many patients regret not going a little bigger but this is a personal decision. Focus on implant size and shape that best fits your frame and trust your plastic surgeon's judgment in this regard.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast implants

+2

You've decided on a plastic surgeon that you trust to do your surgery. Opinions from us without having seen you are worthless.  If you are still having doubts go on another consultation.

David E. Kim, MD

Breast implant size

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.