Fat Injections in the Buttocks

What do I need to know before I get fat injections in the buttocks? Is there a better or safer way to get a bigger butt?

Buttock Fat Injections - What Do I Need to Know?

+2

Make sure your surgeon has enough experience to make you comfortable with proceeding. Check web sites for before and after photos to get a good idea of what kind of results are possible. When seeing the surgeon make sure you feel like he understands your concerns and feels you are a good candidate. Get more than one consultation. In many patients, sculpting of the lower back or the outer thighs can further accentuate the buttock contour and improve the final results. Ask if these are good options for you. Best of luck Dr Harrell

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Optimal success depends on:

(1) THe amount of fat harvested through liposuction. (2) The liposculpting of the lower back (3) The amount of fat transferred. (4) The method of fat harvest, processing and final transfer.  The latter is obviously dependent on your chosen plastic surgeon.  Thus choose one who has does this procedure routinely and has many before and after photos.  For more information, visit the link below.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Fat transfer to the buttocks : Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

I think a careful analysis of buttock shape and pelvic structure is important to obtaining a good result. There is some excellent literature on this topic that has been recently published by Dr. Mendieta in Miami. Secondly, a efficient and atraumatic fat harvesting technique is important. Cytori is working on a couple of devices to expedite this process- most of us doing large volume fat grafting have developed our own systems and are always looking at ways to refine our technique. Lastly, good injection technique is critical- this can only be learned by doing these procedures- so seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with fat grafting experience !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Fat Injection to the Buttock

+1
Fat Injection is commonly referred to as the Brazilian butt lift. This procedure has become so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs.

If you are at a healthy weight and maintain that you will be able to enjoy your results for years to come. With the fat transfer patients typically lose about 30% of the fat that is initially transferred however the fat that is present six months post-op will remain as long as your weight is stable. If you lose weight you can lose some of the transferred fat, and if you gain weight you can increase the size of your buttock. The benefit of the fat transfer is that the fat is your own and acts just like the fat in other parts of your body.

I do think for patients to get the results they are looking for they need to have the procedure done by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that performs a tremendous amount of fat transfer.

This is important because the surgeon will be able to be realistic with you about the results that are possible from fat transfer and tell you whether you are a good candidate for the procedure or not.

A surgeon that performs a lot of these procedures also has a system in place that allows him or her to process the fat and shape the body in the best possible way.

I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a lot of fat transfer procedures. In my practice the Brazilian Butt Lift is one of the procedures where patient are extremely happy after surgery. The procedure not only enhance the buttock gives patients the hourglass shape that they desire!

With that said I would tell you that when it comes to your body, I would not choose your surgeon by who is the cheapest. It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.

Unfortunately here in Miami many patients try to save money by having their procedure performed by non-plastic surgeons and at facilities that have not been accredited and often have problems.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Fat Injectins in the Buttocks

+1
This procedure depends on technically correct harvesting, separating and re-injection of the fat. Since it always involves removal of fat from areas surroundng the buttocks or other areas of the body, it is done in a sterile operating room environment. You should assure yourself of safety by seeking out a board-certified plastic surgeon. The operation has the usual risks of liposuction, including unnvenness or wa viness of the skin and the risk of infection. In terms of alternatives, patients who want a more shapely buttock, but not necessarily a larger buttock, benefit from liposuction around the buttocks to bring out the desired shape. this means removing fat from the low back, the flanks, waist and hips. For patients who do have adequate fat, I think the use of fat for buttocks augmentatino is preferable to the use of buttocks implants. Very skilled surgeons still sometimes get wound healing problems in the incisions needed to place buttocks implants, and implants can look unnatural, move around, and be affected by fluid collections or seromas even years after implantation. Find a doctor who is skilled at liposuction and well versed in the emerging science of fat transplantation. When fat is treated well and lives in its new location it is a very natural way to augment the buttocks.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the buttocks in Los Angeles

+1

Fat grafting to the buttocks is well established and methods of fat harvesting and transfer vary between surgeons. Our experience has been quite positive and uplifting for patients. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Brazilian lift, Brazilian Butt

+1

Most important thing is to have adequate fat reserve for good volume enhancement. Some amount of fat gets absorbed in the initial period of time so I inform patients that they may need more then one sitting to get adequate projection.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift is fat injections.

+1

Hi!

In my opinion, well performed fat injections deep in the buttocks is the best and safest way to get a bigger butt.  Stay away from implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Several things to understand on buttock enhancement

+1

There are several things you must understand for achieving buttock enhancement.

Liposuction of the flanks, illac crest, and posterior thighs enhance the buttocks and the body shape. Adding volume the to the buttock will take the enhancement to the next levet. There are several ways to enhance buttocks:

1. fat transfer

2. butt implants

3: dermis fat graft

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

This is probably the safest way to obtain a fuller rounder gluteal area. What you need to do is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss if this is even an option for you. You need to have a good amount of liposuction performed, after which the fat is then injected into the gluteal area. Therefore you need to have a fair amount of fat to be injected.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD