Brazilian Butt Lift Using my Sister's Fat?

i am considering having surgery on my butt with the Brazilian Butt Lift, but I don't have enough fat of my own for it. I was wondering if I could take my sister with me to the surgery and use some of hers for my Butt augmentation? Butt implants are not an option.

Using your sister's fat for a brazillian butt lift

+3

This is a great question.

The answer is maybe but probably not. The only way this would work is if your sister is an identical twin. Otherwise your body will recognize her fat as foreign and reject it.

At Tri Valley Plastic Surgery we have performed autologous tissue transfer on twins with good results.

Brazilian Butt lift using another donor person's fat

+2

The only person who could be used for a fat transfer is theoretically an identical twin sibling. Otherwise donor fat is not acceptable.

Buttock augmentation

+1

No, i am afraid only your own fat is usable.  Even if your sister was an identical twin, it wouldn't any good for you! 

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Brazilian Butt Enhancement

+1

Sorry, ONLY YOUR FAT can be used.

Most of the time you will be able to find some fat from you to use.

If youdo not have any fat then the only option you have is an implant, or if you have enough skin and fat in the lower stomach for a tummy tuck then you may use that as dermis fatt graft for butt enhancement.

Brazilian Butt Lift with Someone Else's Fat

+1

Fat is NOT an inert material. It is a living tissue that has our own individuality stamped all over it.

Like all tissues in our body, each one of us has individual sequences of protein and long sugar molecules on our cell walls which declare our individuality to our own body protection system. As a result, our immunity protection system recognizes our own cell chemical sequences as "self" and will see every other sequence, be it a bacteria, a virus, your sister's / cousin's or best friend's fat, kidney or liver as a "FOREIGN" cell which needs to be destroyed. In this way, our body kills all invading cells.

Unless, you and your sister are identical twins (having the same sequence), your immunity, if not suppressed with special medications, will attack and kills every cell (fat, kidney etc) placed in your body.

Dr. P. Aldea

Can I use my Sister's Fat for my Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Hi there-

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a fantastic technique that we do often with great success-- but could not be done using your sister's fat (unless she is your identical twin).

This is because your body would re-absorb the fat almost immediately after injection, recognizing it to be from another person.

In patients like yourself, often the best strategy is to have you gain a bit of weight. Once you have enough fat to redistribute to your particular goal, the procedure can be done. After the surgery you can then lose the additional weight, with preservation of your new shape- in other words you will lose weight everywhere, but the shape and proportions achieved at surgery would be maintained.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS