When to See the Difference After Fat Transfer to Butt?

How long does it take to see a difference after a Fat transfer to the butt? My butt looks the same--not bigger--after a fat transfer I had a week ago. I feel disappointed, but maybe it's not soon enough to tell. Should I wait a little more?

+1

The effect of buttock augmentation is seen immediately but it will swell for a few weeks then settledown to its new size.  The buttock augmentation by fat works very well.

Fat grafting to the buttock is a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Its unlikely that will will gain any volume in your buttock beyond what you have now- you may lose some volume after the post-op swelling resolves and some of the grafted fat is metabolized. Its fairly common to require additional fat grafting procedures to enhance large volume results in the buttock and breasts.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

One week from surgery, you have some swelling.

+1

It would be unlikely for the buttocks to get any bigger. In fact as swelling decreases, so does the volume.

Depending on how much fat was placed and how much will survive (many factors) it may be several months before the final results can be seen.

In my practice, sometimes it takes more than one session of fat grafting to see significant enlargement of the buttocks

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Give it 3 months before you judge buttock augmentation

+1

There are many things that contribute to the final result of the buttock enlargement.

1. Volume of fat
  2. Viability of fat
  3. Technique of harvest
  4. Technique of preparing fat
  5. Technique of injecting fat
  6. Location of fat
  7. Adjuntive procedures such as liposuction of outer thighs and lumbo-sacral dimple

Depending on the interplay of these various factors and the swelling that ensues, it may take several months prior to assessing your final result. I typically tell my patients to wait a minimum of 3 months before judging the outcome.