Braces And/or Invisalign for Crooked Canine Teeth? (photo)

Hi, I'm interested in treating my crooked canine teeth (photos attached) but I'm not sure what the best solution. I'm not worried about my bottom, for the most the part they're aligned correctly. Plus, I can only afford my top teeth. What can you recommend? Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.

Invisalign or braces can do the job

+1

For a case like yours I would start with the Invisalign and keep the braces in the bag as a fall back if needed. Moving cuspid teeth down and in can be done with aligners and the latest "attachments". Attachments are composite shapes that are bonded to the teeth and allow the Invisalign aligners to grab those teeth better. Either with Invisalign or braces you will have to do both your upper and lower teeth. Otherwise your bite will not fit right and it would make your treatment a lot more difficult to complete.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Sometimes Braces are Better Than Invisalign

+1

I love Invisalign! I use is on lots of cases and I'm seeing good results. I think the reason that I am is because I'm careful about case selection. There are some tooth movements that are just more predictable with braces. Rotating and elongating upper canine teeth are two of them that I feel are trickier with plastic aligners. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just suggesting that the results are more predictable with braces bonded on the teeth for this particular condition. Talk to your orthodontist about your goals and your budget. He'll give you more accurate device if you are actually sitting in his chair. Good luck!

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

Invisalign

+1

I think it would be difficult but possible to align your teeth with Invisalign.Invisalign has just introduced changes that really help with this type of movement.A problem with just moving the upper teeth though is that on the one side your lower canine is pushed out so far that I don't think it will allow the upper canine to move in to position.

Dr. Sue Wendling

Sue Wendling, DMD
Portland Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign for Canines

+1

Your pictures seem to push the limit of invisaligh.  Certainly conventional braces would be quicker and have a better result.  Be careful of doctors telling you what you want to hear and what is best for you.  Ask to see before and after cases treated with invisalign that are just like yours.  Good Luck

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

This is a Chip Shot with Damon Braces

+1

Braces are definitely the way to go. Invisalign would struggle with those canines and laterals and not get you a great result.

With the Damon Braces System, it would be really easy and quick to wiggle those teeth into a gorgeous smile, though you can straighten those teeth with any set of brackets. 

If you want to find a Damon Orthodontist, use the Damon Doctor Locator on their website.

Scott Frey, DDS
Allentown Orthodontist