Will Botox Treat my Forehead for Sweating During the Summer?

Yes it should help with sweating

+2

Botox will likely help with excessive sweating where ever it is injected.  The results may last up to 6 months.  Some discretion must be used in injecting your facial region as your underlying facial expression muscles will be affected.  Fortunately, this is often a desirable aesthetic effect in the forehead.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead wrinkle treatment and can minimize perspiration

+1

An off-label use of Botox on the forehead would be to decrease sweating. It is used in other areas such as the underarms, palms and soles but if used on the forehead for this reason, not all areas can necessarily be treated without causing the forehead to droop and bring down the upper eyelids with it.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox for forehead swesting

+1
Although Botox is not typically used for sweating in the forehead, it can be done. Sometimes reduced sweating is a side effect of a cosmetic treatment in the area. Botox can also be injected more superficially in the skin for sweating however as the neighboring muscles may be affected one must take care not to cause unwanted effects such as forehead droop.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Yes- absolutely

+1

Yes- it's a great side-benefit for those of us who use botox.  I personally use botox to prevent wrinkles and love the side-effect of no sweating when I'm outside jogging around the neighborhood (when not seeing patients of course!)  It's a win-win situation!

Victoria W. Serralta, MD
Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to Treat Forehead Sweating

+1

While not typically used for this purpose, Botox can be used to successfully teat forehead sweating, as it is for underarms and the palms and soles. Care must be taken to inject superficially and judiciously, so as to prevent eyebrow or eyelid droop.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Botox for Excessive Forehead Sweating?

+1

Hi Susie.  Botox or Dysport for excessive sweating is more common for the armpits and hands/feet than for the forehead. With that said, the concept is no different in the forehead.  The risk in treating the forehead for hyperhidrosis is that the number of units used may be high enough to increase the risk of ptosis, which is the sagging of the eyebrow or eyelid.

The good news is that injecting into this area for hyperhidrosis should also help with wrinkles as there will be diffusion into the muscle around the sweat glands that are being targeted.  Duration will depend on how many units are injected and we do not have an average for you as we do not typically inject this area.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox and Dysport Effective for Forehead Sweating

+1
Botox and Dysport, when used for forehead wrinkles, also decrease forehead sweating. If these are used primarily for forehead sweating, one must be careful not to inject too many units or too low on the forehead to cause forehead or eyelid drooping. The effects of these toxins will last anywhere from 3-6 months in most people.

Diane Orlinsky, MD
Towson Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox works well to reduce sweating

+1
Botox works very well to reduce sweating in the forehead and often times used in the armpit area for those who suffer with excessive sweating. When injecting the forehead the placement of the Botox is more superficial where the sweat glands are. Make sure your physician is well versed in this method due to the fact that you will still have some Botox naturally diffuse to the muscles of the forehead and the amount of Botox used is important as you do not want to have any ptosis or drooping of the eyelid. I have several patients who I treat specifically for this purpose and I usually reinject them every four months with extremely successful results. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Botox for Hyperhidrosis

+1

Excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis, can be alleviated with Botox Therapeutic or Dysport injections directly into the affected skin. They temporarily block the sweat glands which are responsible for excessive perspiration. These injections are typically done in a single treatment session and can provide months of relief. Treatments can be repeated once or twice a year to maintain dryness. The most commonly treated areas include underarms, hands and feet, but the face can be quite successfully treated as well. Many health insurance plans will pay for this treatment but only if it can be documented that you have had unsuccessful treatments with conventional therapies first.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox works great for sweating

+1

Absolutely, Botox works great for excessive sweating.  You can expect results within several days to 2 weeks that last up to 6 months or more.

Robert Strimling, MD