Will Eyedrops Help with Bad Botox Result?

Please advise if this will work and how long it takes if I use the eye drop daily, before my eyes go back to normal? I'm so upset, I dont dare to go to work! : (

Eyedrops will help after Botox

+1

Naphcon A ophthalmic drops used twice a day for 1-2 weeks will strengthen the upper eyelid muscle and help open the eye after a 'lazy eyelid' form Botox. This is available over the counter. It stimulates Muellers muscle in the upper lid and gets your function back quicker.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Eye Lid Weakness

+1

Hi Red,

Visine or Iodopine drops will temporarily help a little with eye lid weakness after Botox injections.  With time, the muscular function of the eye lid will return to normal.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

There seems to be an epidemic of this

+1

Dear Red Bear

Iopodine drops can help. However, the are not effective if the eyelid is full paralyzed. If you start using the drops and there is no help, this suggests that it will take 3 to 6 months for the eyelid droop to resolve. If however the drops help to lift open the eyelid, the ptosis will resolve in 4 to 6 weeks. Hope this helps.