Can Botox Shrink/Refine my Nose?

Would botox be able to give more definition to my nose around the area above both nostrils, giving the nose a less triangular look.

Botox and Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi RyeRinger in New York City -

No, Botox will not change the shap of the nasal tip or base of the nose.

Sincerely,

Tom Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not reshape noses well

+2

If you tried to change the shape of the nose, you might get the result you want, but even if treated by an expert who truly knows the facial anatomy very well, diffusion to adjacent areas can have the Botox affect unwanted muscles and this could lead to unwanted asymmetry of the face, especially around the mouth. You could look as if you had a stroke.  It might be hard to smile, pronounce certain letters, use a straw, brush your teeth, etc.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox can produce very subtle differences in the tone of the nasal muscles.

+2

Ryeringer

Bunny lines and softening of the nasal tip and subtle changes in the nasal highlights-these generally do not fit the description of refining a nose.  Non surgically, there is much more power in the fillers.  Beyond this, it is hard to do better than a properly executed rhinoplasty.  Just make sure you effectively communicate to your potential surgeon what you are looking for.

Botox, Wrinkle Treatment, Beverly Hills Botox, Los Angeles Botox, Nasal Surgery, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty

+2

No.  Botox relaxes muscle while a Rhinoplasty reduces excess cartilage of the nasal tip. Sounds more like a Rhinoplasty to address the concerns, that you have, with your nose.

Botox and nose shape

+1

The only change I am aware of that can be achieved by Botox administration into the nose, is a slight lifting of the tip of the nose. I am unaware of any restructuring that can occur or change in the nasal shape.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for nose

+1

We commonly use Botox to reduce the "bunny lines" on either side of the nose.  However, this won't change the shape of your nose.  Injectable fillers can add volume to the nose to hide a hump, but surgery is the best option to address your concern.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox is Great, but Noses Not Its Territory

+1

Don't know if you are from Rye, New York or just savor that great bread on which to have a hot pastrami at Katz's Deli. Either way, you are in a good place.

Now, back to noses. In any event, forget Botox. It's a great drug for wrinkles but it is not a panacea.

I cannot think of any mission, undertakent to positively change  the appearance of the nose, for which it is appropriate. And, as you review the comments from my learned colleagues, below, you will sense the same sentiment.

If unhappy with your nose, surgery is probably the best solution. However, there is another option: fillers. Check that our in detail

To best decide, have one or more consultations with surgeons who further specialize in cosmetic nasal surgery. Assuming you are from Rye, New York, you have many capable surgeons within one or two area codes.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Can Botox Reshape the Nose?

+1

Hi RR.  Modifying the tip of the nose, right above the nostrils, is not possible with Botox.  Although there are answers here related to injecting the musculature of the nose, this would not affect the look of the tip of the nose.  You are better served to consider rhinoplasty (nose surgery).  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox Rhinoplasty

+1

Botox will not change the shape of any part of your nose. Fillers can be used for minor changes, but a rhinoplasty is your most definitive choice.

Botox isn't used for nose reshaping

+1

Botox is commonly used to treat lines along the sides of the nose (bunny lines) but is mot generally used to contour the nose.

Dina D. Strachan, MD