Botox for Deep Line on Nose Tip?

Can I get Botox injected to the tip of my nose to get rid of a deep line? My nose that looks like a butt or do I have to get surgery?

Butt nose

+1

the dreaded butt nose is a consequence of separated cartilage not muscle hyperactivity so sadly, no, only surgery or possibly restylane can do the job

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Deep line on nasal tip

+1

The deep line on the nasal tip may represent the separation between the two lower cartilages. Sometimes fillers can be used to soften the separation, or better yet a tip rhinoplasty.

Chose Something Else

+1

Sorry Botox would not be of any benefit here. Botox does have a role on the "bunny lines at the upper portion of the nose, but no role in this area. A filler as other physicians have mentioned should help. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Fillers for deep line on nose tip

+1

Dear Shelly,

Remarkable work can be done using Restylane and Perlane to correct the shape of the nose. These non-surgical treatments will address your concerns without the need for surgery. Generally, you will need to find a cosmetic dermatologist to do this. Often general plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons are more oriented toward the long term results of surgery. However, the longevity of these fillers is such that it is now very reasonable to consider filler as an alternative to surgery. BOTOX is not the right product for this job.

Juvederm or Restylane for deep nose crease should work well

+1

Botox won't do anything for the deep nose crease, but Juvederm or Restylane should work great if done in 2 sessions, at a cost of $550 per syringe. Good Luck!

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox not helpful for line on nose tip

+1

From what you described, it does not appear that Botox will be helpful to resolve the vertical line on your nasal tip. A dermal filler may be helpful, or  you may need surgical correction.

Consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon in your area so as to discuss  your realistic options.

Good Luck!

Anifat Balogun, MD

Vertical Line on Nasal Tip; Botox does not work

+1

The line in the middle of the nose tip can be filled in with a filler to hide it but botox will not work. 

If you are concerned about the bulbosity of the tip then rhinoplasty is the answer.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers may correct a deep line on the tip of your nose.

+1

BOTOX would not be helpful for the deep line on your nose. You may gain significant improvement by having an Injectable Filler treatment performed. This is with topical anesthetic, and there would be no downtime. Feel free to post / email your photo, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox treats dynamic lines and is unlikely to help in the tip of the nose

+1

Botox treats dynamic lines; lines formed from contraction of muscles under the skin. A line in the tip of the nose is very unlikely to be from a muscle. More commonly, what you describe comes from strong cartilages under the skin. Fillers have been used as my colleague above suggests, however they are rarely used in the tip of the nose. I suggest you seek out a specialist in noses and rhinoplasty to discuss your options. I think that in most cases the best way to treat what you describe is through tip rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

BOTOX relaxes muscle movement, fillers add contour

+1

From your description, it sounds like something BOTOX would not be helpful for. In general BOTOX may improve lines in the face that are from muscular activity. What you describe may be helped by the "off-label" use of a filler like Juvederm.

The nasal tip is in general made of two cartilages. If those cartilages are separated, particularly in patients with thinner skin, it can create the appearance of a cleft or indentation. The can be described as a "bifid" tip.

There are a number of facial "fillers" that may be helpful and can be done as an office procedure. If you decide to have a consultation look for an experienced injector, who also does nasal surgery. A member of ASAPS or ASPS is a good place to start.

John E. Gross, MD