Can I Have Botox on my Forehead and Xeomin on my Glabella?

I was considering having my glabella and forehead done two days apart by two different physicians. Would it be okay to have xeomin in one area and botox in another?

Combining neurotoxins

+2

There is no issue combining different brands of neurotoxin, including xeomin, dysport, or botox, on the same day or separating the injection by a few days. Your outcome, however, may be compromised if the right hand (second physician) doesn't know what the left hand (first physician) injected.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
You can, but the question is: why? Mixing neurotoxins in and of itself is not dangerous. However, with two different surgeons administering only a couple of days apart, you may run into a problem of overlap/double dosing in some areas. I would stick with one provider for treatment consistency.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Two different BTX-As at different places in face

+1
There is nothing inherentky wrong with using different BTX-As on the same day or different days in different areas. I often use more than one on the same day in different areas because of the unique characteristics of each product such as more or less diffusion, earlier or late onset of effect.

One caution I would share, however, is that your brow can become flattened for a week or two if you do not have the glabellar complex (frown lines) treated first, and then wait a week or more before treating the furrows across the brow.  By waiting to inject, the brows can stay elevated and the patient can save money by only injecting the forehead where still needed. The downside to this, of course, is having to go twice but my patients are uniformly happy that they never get a depressed eyebrow and pay for fewer units of the medication.

And you may invite unexpected side effects if you do not have the treatments with the same dermatologist.  Thus is not only because the right hand will not know exactly what the left hand has done (and will not be able to extrapolate by looking at the result since you were only allowing 2 days in-between), but also because every patient's face is unique, and an advanced and skilled physician will develop a treatment pattern and frequency that matches that patient's needs and responses to prior injections.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Xeomin

+1

Botox and Xeomin should not interfere with one another.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Are two toxins better than one?

+1
There should not be any problem having your glabella injected with one neurotoxin such as Xeomin and then having your forehead injected with Botox.  Not sure what the reasoning would be to split the treatments up between doctors and with different toxins.  Your would probably be best served with the most experienced injector.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin injections in Los Angeles

+1

There should not be any problems mixing the two products. However, it is advisable to stick to one of the two injectables at any given time. I do not see the benefits of mixing the two injections. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+1

There wouldn't be any issue combining different neurotoxins to different areas on the face. I advise to find one physician you are comfortable with to do all treatments to avoid any confusion. 

+1

Yes, you can. There are no problems that I am aware of in mixing neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin in different parts of the face or body.  It is the total combined units that counts.  I would be less comfortable with injecting an area that had just been injected, since there may be additional swelling or bruising from the initial injection. 
I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Combining neurotoxins like Botox and Xeomin

+1

There is absolutely no issue or problem in combining neurotoxins like Botox and Xeomin or Dysport, and similarly no issues in combining fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, or Radiesse. An expert injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon will know exactly what to do and where to place it for optimal results and safety. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Mixing neurotoxins

+1

I do not know of any FDA prohibition of this.  It is about total dose and where the injections are placed.  You would not want to overlap the injections. It is very important to balance injections of the brow depressors (corrugator muscles, procerus muscle and depressor supercilii muscles in the glabella) with the only brow elevator (the frontalis muscle in the forehead). I don't understand why you are going to two different physicians on two different dates.  That could lead to inconsistent injections with regard to placement and total dose that might result in brow ptosis (droop).   You should pick one doctor and have both areas injected at once.   

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon