Xeomin Potency After Mixing?

How long will xeomin remain potent after mixing it. I know that botox and dysport will still be effective after 2 weeks. Is it the same with Xeomin

How long does Xeomin last after mixing?

We go through our Xeomin bottles, so the material does not sit for more than a week or two.  I would start worrying about the material after 1 month, but we have not reached that amount of time.  

Skokie Dermatologist

4709 W. Golf Road
Skokie, IL 60076

Xeomin injections to the face

Our office prefers to use Xeomin very quickly after constitution to maintain potency. It is not common to keep the medicine for two weeks after constitution in a busy practice. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

#Xeomin Potency After Mixing?

That's a good question but I don't know that there's an exact answer. While studies showed that some botulinum toxin retains its effectiveness for up to six weeks, I don't generally recommend using solution that's been around for two weeks. I prefer to use it on the day it's reconstituted and I try to schedule my appointments so that that is possible. That may mean suggesting to patients that they bring a friend with them so that the entire bottle can be used at one time or, if necessary, we try to arrange that.

As always, you (as the patient) should know how many units you're getting and how old it is. That's the only way you can reasonably compare prices and treatments and, ultimately, the final results.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

122 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065

Xeomin potency after mixing

While we prefer to use all neurotoxins like Botox, Dysport or Xeomin in the same day that it is mixed, in reality if a practice is not doing enough neurotoxins, then they'll end up using older stock. That said, with all the neurotoxins, using them within 2 weeks should not be any problem as far as potency or duration.  ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

4256 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M3H 5Y8

Xeomin potency after reconstitution

Although reconstituted Botulotoxin remains potent (albeith with a decline with each passing day) for up to 6 weeks, it is not considered good practice to use medicine not freshly prepared. Doctors should use it on the same day and the same patient.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

62 Wimpole Street