Xeomin 25 Units, 12 Days Out, Not Working? (photo)

I received 25 units of Xeomin to the glabellar region exactly 12 days ago. I have had Botox once before at the same facility (different injector) and although it wasn't perfectly smooth, I had far less movement than I do this time around. I feel like I can fully contract my muscle. I go in for my follow up in 2 days and I know if they do add more units, they charge. I'm frustrated because I don't want to waste the money I already spent but I want true results like I see here. What do you think?

Xeomin 25 Units, 12 Days Out, Not Working?

+2

You need to speak with your plastic surgeon.  There is a small percentage of patients who are unhappy with the results of any of the neuromodulators, but, in general, adding more product should help.  With Xeomin, more so than with Botox and Dysport, it is important for the plastic surgeon to make sure that all of the precipitate, some of which may be under the cap, has been incorporated into the solution.  Not doing that may reduce the effectiveness of what is injected.  And going to the same MD is another component in comparing treatments.

I would recommend that you start with a discussion with your PS and you will hopefully be able to work it out from there.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Xeomin

+2

Please discuss your concerns with your injector.  You may require more units of Xeomin or you may be a better candidate for Botox.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Xeomin - 2 weeks after treatment

+2

I am sorry to hear that you feel not happy with your treatment results. You had a normal dose. However, 3% of Botulotoxin users (regardless what type of product: Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) can become resistant to the effect of toxin. It looks like you one of these people. Discuss this with your practitioner.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Xeomin

+1
Hi Kat, I feel your frustration, and I sometimes have patients who need a little more to smooth things out.  Be up front with your frustrations.  Xeomin absolutely will work, but you will need more.  Talk about alternatives also.  So, go back in, tell them you are frustrated, and see if they can cut your some slack on fees.  This is how I handle it.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin injections in Santa Monica

+1

Xeomin is an excellent alternative to Botox and works well. Discuss your concerns with your physician. Our office has seen excellent results with Xeomin injections. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+1

You seem to have strong corrugator/procerus muscles and would benefit from a higher dosage of Xeomin to see full correction. Contact your provider for further assistance, you may want to continue using Botox if you're not seeing a significant difference with Xeomin