Can Botox Make my Eyes More Feline?

I would like to lift the outer corners of my eyebrows to make my eyes more almond shaped. Can boox do this and if so what are the best positions around the eyes to achieve it. How many units? Thank you!

Eye shaping

+3

I agree with Dr. Rueckl that Botox would not be good for this at all.  The treated areas with Botox specifically avoid the eye area to prevent ptosis, or eyelid droop.  As Dr. Gidon notes you can get somewhat of a brow lift with Botox, but at times this feature can be unwanted and result in a more "startled" (Mephisto) look.  The main use of Botox is for removing wrinkles, not reshaping.  I hope this is of some use!

Can Botox make my Eyes More Feline?

+2

Hello, Botox can lift your brows but it can not change the shape of your eyes at all. It is best that you consult with a Board Certified Occular Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Botox for brow lift

+2

Botox is used for a brow lift to lift the outer eyebrows because it relaxes the muscles that pull down the outer brow.  Dermal fillers can also be used under the outer eyebrow to give a lift but neither of these procedures will change the shape of your eyes.  You would require surgery.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Eye shaping with Botox

+2

This is not an ideal usage for Botox and would be very hard to determine appropriate dosing for each person. Botox works to stop muscle contractions, so this isn't going to be easy to do or recommended. If you really want to change the shape of your eyes, you're going to need to undergo surgery and see an ocular surgeon. Botox simply isn't a good choice for this.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox to open up the eye

+1

This question has been answered recently. The outer corner of the eyebrow can be raised slightly with the use of one to three units of Botox in the downturned orbicularis oculi muscle. This is close to the insertion of the top of the three common crows feet Botox injections.

Ronald Shelton, MD