Botox Injections After Radiesse for Cheeks?

I had Radiesse injected in my cheek area about two months ago. I would now like to get Botox injections for my crows feet. My question is will the Botox injections "hit" or be injected through the Radiesse in my upper cheeks? I have had Botox before in my crows feet so I know where the injection points in this area are and based on that it seems like the injections would have to go through the Radiesse. Is this ok and safe to happen?

Botox injections after Radiesse for cheeks

+1

It is ok to have Botox following a treatment with Radiesse. The Botox injections will not interfere at all. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck! 

Botox and radiesse can safely be injected near each other

+1

Botox and radiesse are often injected at the same session. They dont interract with eachother. They are also injected at different levels, so it is unlikely they would actually mix anyway.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Injections After Radiesse for Cheeks

+1

Thank you for your question.  Whether it's the same day or a few months apart, there is no problem with injecting Botox and Radiesse in close proximity on the face.  These products are injected at different levels in the skin and serve different purposes, and therefore one product will not be disrupted by the other.  

Jordan C. Carqueville, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1

Botox injections are commonly done at the same time as Radiesse and do not pose any difficulty for you or the effectiveness of either agent.  Radiesse is injected deep in the tissue planes and Botox is injected superficial hence the bleb that occurs with its injection.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Botox after Radiesse

+1

It is a common practice to inject Botox after injecting fillers like Radiesse.  The nature of the botox injections are totally different from filler injections in that they are injected in different depths.  I would not be concerned at all about having this done.

Ritu Saini, MD

It's More Than Safe

+1

I commonly place botox/dysport and fillers at the same time.  The fillers include Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, etc.  Sculptra as well.  There is nothing wrong with placing both at the same time or at different times.  They work by different mechanisms and together they can by synergistic.  Visit a board certified Plastic Surgeon or Derm and don't be afraid.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Botox and Radiesse Injections...

+1

Botox injections to the Crowsfeet after getting Radiesse in your cheeks a few months ago is completely safe.  There are no contraindications with these treatments.  Enjoy!

Dr. Grant Stevens            Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox and Radiesse

+1

Dear heygirly74,

• There will be no problem injecting Botox around the eyes after Radiesse
  • The combination of the 2 of them will look fantastic

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Radiesse and Botox

+1

Radiesse should be injected onto the bone for augmentation, and the Botox should be injected more superficially into the muscle.  They should not affect one another.

Is Botox ok after Radiesse ?

+1

Yes,  Botox should perfectly fine after Radiesse. Botox in injected very superfically in the crowsfeet area whereas Radiesse in injected deeper; in most cases below the muscle. 

Sam Naficy, MD