Where Exactly is Botox Injected in Order to Create a Browlift?

I thought it was somewhere above the brow, but I read recently that it's in the crow's feet area.

Brow lift with Botox

The location of the brow on your face is a function of the muscles above the brow contracting and raising the brow and the muscles below contracting and lowering the brow.  Your provider should be able to discuss with you what type of brow position you would prefer and place the product appropriately to attain the optimal result.  
I typically treat the forehead area conservatively to keep a natural look and almost always place several units under the tail of the brow when treating the crows feet area to attain a subtle and natural appearing lift to the lateral brow.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD 

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Place For Botox Brow Lift

That is correct, Botox is injected in the crows foot area to lift the tail of the brow. It is injected more superficially than other areas and should be done by an expert injector. Botox is a muscle paralyzing substance that is injected into or near facial muscles by a doctor or nurse injector to weaken or prevent it from working for a period of months.
It may seem counter-intuitive that paralyzing facial muscles can lift your brow, but this is exactly how Botox works. Our faces have muscles that pull in opposing directions, so in the case of the brow the idea is to paralyze the muscles that pull downward while leaving the ones that lift the brow untouched.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Botox brow shaping

Thank you for your question. Shaping the brows is one my favorite parts of using Botox. It requires a very detailed understanding of the underlying anatomy as well as assessing each individual while they are animating their brows. By carefully placing Botox in the muscles that depress the brow, you can cause the brow to rest and relax in a lifted position. There are limits to how much you can lift, and for some surgery is better option. Incorrect assessment or placement can also lead to the reverse effect, so overall technique is critical. You can also shape the brow different. For example, you can raise the tail of the brow vs creating a raised arched brow vs creating a raised horizontal brow. It depends on the individual's desired brow aesthetic goals. I would consider this a very advanced technique so I would query your injector on their experience in this area.
As far as how many units may be needed, this also depends on which part of the brow you want to correct. For the inner brows, you may consider ~20 units (same as the frown line treatment). For the middle or outer brow, I generally use up to 5 units on each side.
You may also want to consider adding fillers to shape and raise the brow. Combining the two products can work synergistically together.

Botox Brow Lift

The position of your brow is determined by two groups of muscles Muscles that lift the eyebrow and muscles that lower the eyebrow. In order to get a brow lift, Botox must be injected into the muscles that lower the eyebrow. These muscles are located in the area of the crow’s feet. Injecting into these muscles weaken the muscles that lower the eyebrow, thus allowing the muscles that pull the brow up to work better. The net effect is a subtle lift of the eyebrow. There are different techniques to accomplish this effect. One such technique is to inject in the outermost tail of the eyebrow. There are many variations of this technique. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss which technique is best for you.

John Diaz, MD

Get a browlift with Botox/Dysport

Great question.  You can get a browlift usually with Botox/Dysport depending on where it is injected.  To get a lateral browlift you would treat the crow's feet area as well as a little under the lateral aspect of the eyebrow.  To get a medal lift you could do a typical glabella treatment.  Please understand that you would diminish the results if you also has part of the forehead treated because that is the muscle that raises the eyebrow and if you relax that muscle you probably won't get the brow lifted.  Good Luck.

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Browlift

In order to raise the brow with botox, we need to weaken the muscles that pull the brow down.  These are the corrugator muscles and lateral orbicularis occuli muscles located on either side of the eyebrow.  When these muscle stop contracting, it allows the brow to raise naturally.  Your physician will give you a detailed plan based on your exact anatomy.

Best Wishes,

Neil Zemmel, MD

Creating a browlift with Botox

Ultimately, where Botox is injected to create your browlift will depend on which muscles activate to pull your brow down. Your  injecting surgeon/dermatologist can asses and show you which muscles need to be injected to give you the kind of browlift you want.

Anifat Balogun, MD

Botox brow lift

There are two zones that normally pull down on the forehead. If we prevent this contraction, than the opposing muscle groups of the forehead help lift up the eyebrows and forehead skin. One area is the upper outer Crows feet area in the tail of the eyebrow and the other is the glabella, between the eyebrows.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical brow lift with botulinum toxin (dysport,etc)

The outer portions of the eye muscles (crow's feet area) pull down the brow when forcibly contracted or squeezed. By injecting them with Botulinum toxin, it can weaken or limit this effect creatin the appearance of a brow lift.

BRow lifting

To lift the brow, you have to neutralize the muscles that pull the brow down. Usually injecting just below the lateral eyebrow helps to lift the brow.