Will Facial Exercise and Lethicin Lessen the Effects of Post-Botox Brow Droop?

Botox on tues at 530 pm. By the next AM, BAD headaches, by Sat night, what looks like the beginning of eyelid droop and a low eyebrow more on the left than the right. When I "try to move my muscles" in like an exercise pattern ( raise brow/frown/squint series) I can see a muscle flexing between my eyebrow and eyelid. Not a usual place to see that flex. So question, am i seeing the beginning of eyelid droop and if I keep exercising and maybe add lethicin and get some heat can I lessen this?

Eyelid droop following Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox)

+2

Edema control measures (sleeping upright, ice and manual lymphatic drainage) and time may help ease the effects of the eyelid droop following Botullinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox).

Droop after Botox

+1

I doubt exercise of your muscles will work nor heat nor lecithin. You should see your doctor to see if other treatment can help, as sometimes a few units more in the glabella and outer eyebrow may help lift the forehead and with that the eyelid. Some of us are injecting the outer eyebrow with hyaluronic acid fillers, as an off-label use, to help lift the upper eyelid area.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Facial Exercise and Lethicin to Lessen Effects of Botox Brow Droop?...Like Chicken Soup...it Won't Hurt

+1

Hi mariqqq,

Does not sound too good.  Heat will not help, exercise will not help, lethicin...like chicken soup won't hurt.  You should see you injecting physician asap for advice.  Most likely too much of a dose of Botox was used in your frontalis (forehead lifting) muscles.  Hopefully low number of units of Botox were used and your symptoms resolve quickly.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD