Botox for Ankle Muscle Reduction? Plastic Surgeons from Sydney Who Can Do This?

I recently came across an online article that profiles a Beverley Hills PS and his procedure to thin out ankles by administering a series of Botox injections in a "precise, anatomic distribution pattern". Is this really possible (the article is from '09 and I've not been able to find online any other doctors who do this)? And if so, are there any doctors in Sydney AU that could be recommended to me to perform this treatment? I'd be very glad for any information or advice I can get. Thanks

Botox for Ankle Muscle Reduction

+2

Gotta say, this is news to me too! I go to a lot of seminars and "progressive" therapy trainings and I don't know about this at all. I would assume it's for something not affectionately referred to as "cankles", but I don't know how it would be done or anyone doing this procedure. It would have to be done extremely carefully though because Botox is a neuromodulator which works to stop nerves from triggering in the muscles and disallowing them to contract. In the ankles, you need muscles to move so you can walk! So, I'd be reluctant to try to send you to anyone to do this. I would, however, suggest you contact the physician's office who wrote the article to find out more about it.

Reducing ankle size with botox?

+2

This is news to me.  I have never heard of this particular use of Botox.  I can not imagine  where the Botox is being injected to cause a reduction in the size of the ankles.  

Botox for Ankle Muscle Reduction?

+1

Thank you for your question. I have not heard of Botox use for ankle muscle reduction. I would recommend contacting the doctor or author of that article to get more info. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist