Can Bonding Be Done to Close Space Between Canine and Premolar?

I am currently receiving Invisalign, however my final plan leaves me with a space (about 3mm) between my lower canine & premolar. Would bonding be an option to close this space? I would prefer not to do a crown, because I do not want to damage my natural tooth.

Bonding to close a space after orthodontics

Absolutely. Bonding would be a great solution for the space problem you describe. It is conservative. low cost, and should last many years.

Memphis Dentist

2165 West St
Germantown, TN 38138

Can Bonding Be Used to Close Spaces

Great question! Yes, bonding is the least conservative way to close your excess space. Bonding is used frequently following orthodontics to correct minor discrepancies. 

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Dentist

1254 Irvine Blvd.
Tustin, CA 92780

Bonding to close space?

If it is only a 3mm space I see no reason why bonding shouldn't work, you only need just 1.5mm on each tooth.  I agree you shouild try and avoid a crown.

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

410 Sovereign Ct.
Manchester, MO 63011

Yes, composite bonding is often the ideal aproach to accommodate for unusual tooth shape or size. This is true whether Invisalign or conventional braces are being used for bite correction. It is important to be aware, however, that bonded build-ups can fail - particularly if they are large and subject to strong bite forces. Over the long term a more permanent "fix" might prove to be a better solution. Rely on your restorative dentist's recommendation as to what option will best fit your needs.

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

2817 80th Ave. S.E.
Mercer Island, WA 98040

Bonding to close space

Absolutely. Closeing space with bonding is the MOST conservative option (cost and tooth damage). If you are in the right hands of a good general dentist it can look like you have nothing done and last years and years.

One tip: make sure if you want to whiten your teeth you do so prior to the bonding. Reach desired the maximum whiteness prior to bonding, wait 2 weeks for the color to relax then do your bonding=for the best result.

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

14377 Woodlake Dr.
Chesterfield, MO 63017

Can Bonding Be Used To Close Spaces

Bonding is a great option to close the small space between your Canine and Premolar.  In your case, bonding is a very conservative choice and should work really well.  Little or no drilling should be required to close the area. You have to maintain good home care to ensure longevity.  Good Luck!! 

Randy Bryson, DMD
Las Vegas Dentist

1781 Village Center Circle
Las Vegas, NV 89134