Can Bonding Be Done to Close Space Between Canine and Premolar?

I am currently receiving Invisalign, however my final plan leaves me with a space (about 3mm) between my lower canine & premolar. Would bonding be an option to close this space? I would prefer not to do a crown, because I do not want to damage my natural tooth.

Bonding to close a space after orthodontics

+3

Absolutely. Bonding would be a great solution for the space problem you describe. It is conservative. low cost, and should last many years.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Can Bonding Be Used to Close Spaces

+2

Great question! Yes, bonding is the least conservative way to close your excess space. Bonding is used frequently following orthodontics to correct minor discrepancies. 

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding to close space?

+2

If it is only a 3mm space I see no reason why bonding shouldn't work, you only need just 1.5mm on each tooth.  I agree you shouild try and avoid a crown.

Saint Louis Orthodontist

BONDING AND INVISALIGN

+1

Yes, composite bonding is often the ideal aproach to accommodate for unusual tooth shape or size. This is true whether Invisalign or conventional braces are being used for bite correction. It is important to be aware, however, that bonded build-ups can fail - particularly if they are large and subject to strong bite forces. Over the long term a more permanent "fix" might prove to be a better solution. Rely on your restorative dentist's recommendation as to what option will best fit your needs.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

Bonding to close space

+1

Absolutely. Closeing space with bonding is the MOST conservative option (cost and tooth damage). If you are in the right hands of a good general dentist it can look like you have nothing done and last years and years.

One tip: make sure if you want to whiten your teeth you do so prior to the bonding. Reach desired the maximum whiteness prior to bonding, wait 2 weeks for the color to relax then do your bonding=for the best result.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Can Bonding Be Used To Close Spaces

+1

Bonding is a great option to close the small space between your Canine and Premolar.  In your case, bonding is a very conservative choice and should work really well.  Little or no drilling should be required to close the area. You have to maintain good home care to ensure longevity.  Good Luck!! 

Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist