Ask a doctor

What Body Parts Do You Start Velashape with First? I Need to Do my Thighs,hips,abdomen (photo)

I am about to start my ultrasonic contouring in a week time and need help figuring out which body part to start with. my inner thighs are a big problem as i have a small waist and a flat bum but enormous legs and need help reshaping my lower body and hopefully get a bit of a bum. the other issue i have is that i have so much fat on my back but dont know if ultrasound works the back area or will i have to concentrate more on my abs and lovehandles so do i work the upper or lower body first?

Doctor Answers (2)

Velashape treatment


Thank you for your question. Based on what you would like treated, I would not suggest Velashape. I do not think the results will be as dramatic as what you are looking for. I would schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your other options, such as a tummy tuck.

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 102 reviews

Unfortunately I don't think Vela will give you the results you desire


Unfortunately I don't think Vela treatments are going to give you the results you desire. It will help with general smoothing and tightening only. It cannot reshape the body, as you suggest. If you are concerned about sizing and excessive body fat, you would need to consult a plastic surgeon, as the Vela does not have the ability to adjust these. I think you would be better off to see a plastic surgeon and perhaps do the Vela after some other possible surgical body treatments are performed first. I just don't think the Vela has the ability to give you what you desire. Best of luck!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.5 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.