Are Biogel Injections Safe for Butt Enhancements?

I am 20 years old. I live in NYC and Florida, I'm pretty much back and forth. I heard of these butt injections called Biogel. It costs $1,500 dollars and is supposed to enhance your buttocks. Is this safe to do, or is this as bad as Hydrogel claims to be.?

Say no to silicone injections!!

+2

My best advice is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this type of procedure regularly and can demonstrate before and after photos to give examples of what can be expected. Stay away from any kind of silicone injection that is offered by non physicians. This can be very dangerous and lead to death. Be ware!!!

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Stay away from synthetic injections for butt augmentation!

+2

Here in Florida, there are many people offering a variety of injections to the butt for the purpose of increasing the size and changing the shape. Please be very very careful and avoid these injections. Patients in Florida who have received these injections were very surprised afterward to find out that they actually were injected with industrial grade silicone that mechanics use, paraffin wax, and even bathroom caulking. Obviously, none of these materials are designed for injection into the body. Your body will reject these materials causing a great deal of scarring, pain and even infections.

It is best to discuss with your plastic surgeon the great options that exist for butt contouring enhancements such as a Brazilian Butt lift.

Best-

Pat Pazmino

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/butt_augmentation_lift.htm

Buyer Beware of "Biogels"

+2

Cammm,

There is a reason that there are no injectables of any kind (other than a patient's own fat) that is currently approved for buttock enhancement in the United States. It is because, to date, none of them are safe, no matter what they are called. Being a plastic surgeon in south florida, I see patients all the time asking similar questions to yours. These 'treatments' are typically offered by non-physicians, often done in the home. The products are named to sound as if they are biologic and safe such as 'biogel or biopolymers'. The injectable is most commonly industrial grade silicone, the same material that is used to caulk your bath tub. These foreign materials can and do cause short and long term irreversible complications and should therefore be avoided.

There is a proven surgical procedure, the brazilian buttock augmentation, which i routinely perform that can provide excellent, long lasting, and safe results in the appropriate candidate. My best advice is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this type of procedure regularly and can demonstrate before and after photos to give examples of what can be expected. Good luck.

Dr. Sean Simon

Safe Buttock Injections?

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon