Are Biogel Injections Safe for Butt Enhancements?

I am 20 years old. I live in NYC and Florida, I'm pretty much back and forth. I heard of these butt injections called Biogel. It costs $1,500 dollars and is supposed to enhance your buttocks. Is this safe to do, or is this as bad as Hydrogel claims to be.?

Say no to silicone injections!!

+2

My best advice is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this type of procedure regularly and can demonstrate before and after photos to give examples of what can be expected. Stay away from any kind of silicone injection that is offered by non physicians. This can be very dangerous and lead to death. Be ware!!!

Stay away from synthetic injections for butt augmentation!

+2

Here in Florida, there are many people offering a variety of injections to the butt for the purpose of increasing the size and changing the shape. Please be very very careful and avoid these injections. Patients in Florida who have received these injections were very surprised afterward to find out that they actually were injected with industrial grade silicone that mechanics use, paraffin wax, and even bathroom caulking. Obviously, none of these materials are designed for injection into the body. Your body will reject these materials causing a great deal of scarring, pain and even infections.

It is best to discuss with your plastic surgeon the great options that exist for butt contouring enhancements such as a Brazilian Butt lift.

Best-

Pat Pazmino

Pat Pazmino, MD

Buyer Beware of "Biogels"

+2

Cammm,

There is a reason that there are no injectables of any kind (other than a patient's own fat) that is currently approved for buttock enhancement in the United States. It is because, to date, none of them are safe, no matter what they are called. Being a plastic surgeon in south florida, I see patients all the time asking similar questions to yours. These 'treatments' are typically offered by non-physicians, often done in the home. The products are named to sound as if they are biologic and safe such as 'biogel or biopolymers'. The injectable is most commonly industrial grade silicone, the same material that is used to caulk your bath tub. These foreign materials can and do cause short and long term irreversible complications and should therefore be avoided.

There is a proven surgical procedure, the brazilian buttock augmentation, which i routinely perform that can provide excellent, long lasting, and safe results in the appropriate candidate. My best advice is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this type of procedure regularly and can demonstrate before and after photos to give examples of what can be expected. Good luck.

Dr. Sean Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD

Biogel and Other Injections

+1
I would NOT have silicone, hydrogel or any other substances injected into your buttock that is not fat. That is a set-up for life long problems. Some people have these injections and are fine, but the people that have problems have them for life. Do not have silicone injections to your buttock.

Unfortunately here in Miami many patients try to save money by having their procedure performed by non-plastic surgeons and at facilities that have not been accredited and often have problems. These facilities often use substances for buttock injections that have not been approved for that purpose.

The only injection that you should use to enhance your buttock is fat. Anything else would not be recommended. Patients have had tremendous results with the Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttock). This procedure allows your surgeon to shape your entire body.

With that said I would tell you that when it comes to your body, I would not choose your surgeon by who is the cheapest or have something injected just because it is easy. It is important to have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons. Also make sure that your surgery is being performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital.

It is important to ask the right questions during your consultation:

• 1.Is your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon?
    • a.Be sure he or she is a plastic surgeon, there are a lot surgeons that are cosmetic surgeons or board certified in other fields other than plastic surgery. They do not do the same training as a plastic surgeon.
    • b.You can check the American Board of Plastic Surgery website for a list of plastic surgeons in your area.
  • 2.Does your surgeon commonly perform this procedure?
    • a.Ask to see before and after pictures or look online for reviews on the procedure.
  • 3.Where is the surgery performed
    • a.Is the procedure performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital?
  • 4.Who performs the anesthesia for the procedure?
    • a.Is an anesthesiologist performing the anesthesia?
I would advise you to see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a lot of fat transfer procedures. In my practice the Brazilian Butt Lift is one of the procedures where patient are extremely happy after surgery. 

Safe Buttock Injections?

+1

The Brazilian Butt Lift (liposuction of your lower back, waist, abdomen, etc, and injection of this fat into your buttocks) is a SAFE, effective buttock augmentation technique. I STRONGLY suggest you avoid any alternative injections (I have seen men and women with liquid silicone injected into their buttocks with HORRIBLE results and complications, wounds, infections, etc).

If you're interested in buttock augmentation surgery, I suggest you visit with an experienced Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEON.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon