Can I Sleep On My Sides Within First Few Weeks After BBL Procedure?

If you are having fat transfered to the hip areas as well as the butt, can you sleep on your sides within the first few weeks?

Pressure on Butt after Brazillian Butt lift

+2

The protocol each surgeon uses is different based on their experience and technique. However, in general, 3 weeks is my time line. But even after that I ask patients to try to minimize pressure for 6 weeks to improve cell viability. From the moment the fat transfer is accomplished there is a race between fat death and new blood flow to transferred fat. It is every surgeons and patients goal to do whatever they can to maximize the take of fat. Speak with your plastic surgeon about his/her specific protocol.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You should be able to as long as you are not putting too much pressure on the buttock area or transfer area. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift recovery

+1

It is not recommended to apply pressure on any area that has had a fat transfer. It is assumed that pressure will decrease the chances and the viability of fat. If you have had a fat transfer to your hip, then, stay off that area for 10-14 days.  You need to lie on your chest.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Positioning after the Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hey there Booty2Be

I always recommend that you ask your surgeon what they think is best for you since they are the one performing your surgery.  But... I can tell you that I always tell my patients that they can sleep on their stomach or sides.  But, when laying on your side I always recommend to my patients that they lean more toward their stomach and not to their back.  I think my patients always obtain a beautiful shape and fullness to their hips inspite of laying this way. 
I wish you best of luck
Dr M

Daniel P. Markmann, MD