I Was 36B and Got 400cc Under Muscle Saline, What Size Will I Be? (photo)

I got BA on Feb 13,2012 and today march 7th i went to get fitted for a bra and i used to be 36B and they say im 36DD i did not want to be a DD will i still get smaller i got 400cc under muscle help i dont wanna be a DD im a lil sad becuse i told my dr i dont wanna roll on to the DD could it be that im still swollen??beacuse they have dropped alot and seems like they not really swollen

Post-op Bra size

+3

Try to not get hung up on "bra size". All bra manufacturers have different standards, and you may be a 36 C in one brand, and 36 D in another. When I have new patients come in, we always have this conversation. It might be helpful to use bra sizes as very rough guides to describe your goals, but don't use it as a measure of success. The best way to measure success is to look at yourself in the mirror!

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Can breast size be determined 3-4 weeks after surgery.

+2

It is too early to determine what cup size you will eventually be.  I discuss with my patients that it is better to decide what size they want to be by looking, not by what cup-size they are.  If you like the size of your breasts, then it doesn't matter what cup size you are.  If you feel that your breasts are too big, that is a different matter and should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.  That being said, it will take more time for you to see the final outcome and know your final feelings about the size.

Breast Augmentation Results Too Big Cup Size?

+2

It is much too early to evaluate and results of surgery at this point. You will find that your breasts will change significantly over the course of the next few months.

I suggest to all my patients that they concentrate on achieving a certain “look”, not a specific cup size, with their breast augmentation surgery.  In other words, my patients know not to base their communication and/or level of satisfaction with the results of surgery based on an arbitrary cup size that will vary from one bra store to another. 

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant.  

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

After you have waited a few months to see the final results of surgery,  don't be surprised if you are pleased with the results of surgery (regardless of cup size).  If not, communicate your questions and concerns calmly with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast implants an cup size

+1

It is very difficult to match up a bra cup size with implant volumes because each bra manufacturer makes their bra a bit different.  I always talk volumes with patients and explain this to them.

Post Breast Augmentation Bra Sizing

+1

You bra cup size will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and is not a scientific measurement. You should not judge your breast augmentation by bra size and make the determination regarding how you look and whether this is what you prefer.  If you feel you look too big, then discuss this with your surgeon, if you are just unhappy with the cup size, then you will need to put this behind you.

Vincent Marin, MD