Is There a Way to Avoid Sagging Skin Face During and After Weight Lost?

I am 30 years old, and already have some signs of aging like some sagging in my face. I want to lose 40 pounds of weight but I am worried about increasing the sagging in my face. This is why i have not started yet. Since i think prevention works better than after-treatments, I want to know is there is anything i can do to avoid sagging in my face before and while loosing weight? I am not worried about the sagging in my body since with gym I can avoid that. Many thanks in advance!!!!

Sagging skin with weight loss

+1

Unfortunately as the volume in your face decreases with weight loss, you will have looser or sagging skin.  The younger you are, the more elasticity you have in your skin which will minimize the sagging.  However, in most cases after significant weight loss, you may need to consider surgery to excise the extra skin.  

Spot reduction of fat can only be safely and reliably achieved by liposuction

+1

What you are really asking is can you exclude facial fat loss from total body fat loss when losing weight. The answer is no.

When the body stores excess fat the areas of fat concentration tend to be abdominal in aging men, hips & thighs in aging women and buttocks in certain races as those individuals age. The age at which this occurs varies from person to person. Changes in metabolism and fat deposition can also occur more quickly such as after childbirth. It is easier to lose fat from areas in which your body tends to not concentrate fat. The fat doesn't go to one place and then another as in first, second etc.. It goes all over but more of it is stored in specific areas and it is mobilized from other areas more easily. This could be interpreted as last on first off. That is why spot reduction exercises do not work and why you cannot shift fat concentration from one area of the body to another. The only safe reliable way to spot reduce is liposuction surgery. However no safe surgeon would be willing to liposuction off 40 pounds in one operation.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Regarding: "Is There a Way to Avoid Sagging Skin Face During and After Weight Lost?
I am 30 years old, and already have some signs of aging like some sagging in my face. I want to lose 40 pounds of weight but I am worried about increasing the sagging in my face. This is why i have not started yet. Since i think prevention works better than after-treatments, I want to know is there is anything i can do to avoid sagging in my face before and while loosing weight? I am not worried about the sagging in my body since with gym I can avoid that. Many thanks in advance
!!!!"

A few comments. The only "prevention" of aging changes is an early death. Put another way, consider aging as the cost of living longer. If you are obese, losing weight will cause loss of weight almost everywhere. Being at or close to ideal weight is extremely important for your health and no one these days would suggest you put on a lot of weight to avoid facial sagging; Not only because it does not really work but not only does it not make the face more attractive but round / moon faced instead.

I would advise you to go ahead and lose all the weight you need to lose. You may be pleasantly surprised to find out you do not need anything done. On the other hand, if you do need either fillers or a Facelift the results would be a lot better than if they done on an obese patient with facial sagging.

Dr. Peter Aldea