Would the total cost be less if I have them both procedures (tummy tuck and breast lift) done at the same time?
What is the Average Cost of Having Both a Tummy Tuck and a Breast Lift Done?
Doctor Answers (11)
Cost of a Breast Lift and a Tummy Tuck
In Minneapolis, this would range from $10,000-15,000. There are many variables such as with or without implants, what type of lift, with or without liposuction, etc.. This all depends on the patient.
The Average Cost of a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift or Mummy Makeover
The best thing to do is to see a couple of surgeons, get educated as to what you are a candidate for, consider your goals and then make a decision.
I hope that helps.
Costs of Tummy Tuck
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
You might also like...
What is the average cost of having both a tummy tuck and breast lift done?
Breast lift + Tummy Tuck = Mommy Makeover
Costs of Surgery?
Thank you for the question.
You will find that the cost of surgery will vary significantly even in the same town. Although important, ultimately the cost of surgery should be of less concern than the quality and safety of the procedure performed. In other words, do your due diligence carefully. Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and/or and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons for appropriate training and credentials. Then, make sure you see lots of examples of the surgeons work in pictures ( better yet meet with patients who have had similar procedures).
If the surgeons you choose are out of your “price range”, wait on having the surgery until you can afford them.
Elective plastic surgery is not an “item” you should bargain shop for. You will find that revisionary surgery can be more much more expensive.
Average cost of a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift
The average cost of a tummy tuck and breast lift including surgeon cost, anesthesia, and operating room fees is between 11,500.00-13,000.00.
Cost Of Combining Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift
The cost of these as well as other aesthetic procedures will vary widely across the country and to a lesser extent within communities. In general the cost will be greater on either coast and in larger cities. Some surgeons will discount the second procedure while others will not. My total cost be would be in the neighborhood of $8,500-9,000 here in Louisville which would include my fee, hospital care, anesthesia, supplies, etc. (including a reduction in fee for the second procedure).
Cost of tummy tuck and breast lift combined
The price for abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and a breast lift depends on what type of abdominoplasty or breast lift you need and whether or not implants will be used. The cost also varies by surgeon, location of surgery (in a private surgery center like ours, for instance, there are no additional fees for surgery) and region of the country. Most surgeons and/or facilities give a multi-procedure discount, making it less expensive to have both done together, rather than in separate surgeries.
Questions on the cost of a tummy tuck and breast lift
The cost of a tummy tuck and a breast lift vary depending on the physician, facility used, anesthesia costs as well as the location in the country (or elsewhere). If you are interested in pursuing these procedures, you should seek out a consultation from one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area and obtain pricing from them.
As regards the costs of having these 2 procedures performed together versus separately, it would definitely be less expensive when they are done during the same surgical setting. In addition, you would have one recuperation versus two. If you work, there would be less total time off from work as well.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.