Average Cost of Revision Tummy Tuck?

My scar is too high. Its like a frown as opposed to a smile! You can see it through clothes (fat above scar) I can't wear bikinis. You can see it above my jeans, and underwear! Should I pay for the revision? How much is the average? Not too sure I am happy with my belly button scar, too.

Cost of Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Surgical Fees will vary greatly across the country and based on the scope of the revision. Each office has their own policy on revisions.  It is not uncommon for the surgeon to waive or lower his charge and ask that you cover the costs of the anesthesiologist and facility.

Cost of Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

The cost of revisionary surgery will really depend on exactly what needs to be performed.  If it can be performed under local anesthesia, the cost may be minimal.  If you have to return to the operating room and be put under general anesthesia, the surgeon may lower or waive his/her surgeon's fee but there are fees to for returning to the operating room, supplies, anesthesiologist fees, etc.

Have a conversation with your surgeon to discuss your options.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy Tuck Revision Cost

+1

This should have been discussed with your surgeon before surgery.  There is a possibility that the scar can be lowered, if there is sufficient skin laxity.  I sometimes perform minor revisions in the office under local anesthesia at little or no cost.

Cost of revision tummy tuck

+1

HThe cost really depends on what needs to be done.
A mini tummy tuck or scar revision can be performed if you have sufficient laxity below your umbilicus. This can be relatively inexpensive.