Average Cost of Revision Tummy Tuck?

My scar is too high. Its like a frown as opposed to a smile! You can see it through clothes (fat above scar) I can't wear bikinis. You can see it above my jeans, and underwear! Should I pay for the revision? How much is the average? Not too sure I am happy with my belly button scar, too.

Costs of Tummy Tuck

+1
Thank you for your post.
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
In general, a revision costs less than the original tummy tuck, but this depends on the extent of the revision and what is being done.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Surgical Fees will vary greatly across the country and based on the scope of the revision. Each office has their own policy on revisions.  It is not uncommon for the surgeon to waive or lower his charge and ask that you cover the costs of the anesthesiologist and facility.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of Revision Tummy Tuck

+1

The cost of revisionary surgery will really depend on exactly what needs to be performed.  If it can be performed under local anesthesia, the cost may be minimal.  If you have to return to the operating room and be put under general anesthesia, the surgeon may lower or waive his/her surgeon's fee but there are fees to for returning to the operating room, supplies, anesthesiologist fees, etc.

Have a conversation with your surgeon to discuss your options.

Tummy Tuck Revision Cost

+1

This should have been discussed with your surgeon before surgery.  There is a possibility that the scar can be lowered, if there is sufficient skin laxity.  I sometimes perform minor revisions in the office under local anesthesia at little or no cost.

John Whitt, MD

Cost of revision tummy tuck

+1

HThe cost really depends on what needs to be done.
A mini tummy tuck or scar revision can be performed if you have sufficient laxity below your umbilicus. This can be relatively inexpensive.