Keloid on Earlobe Excision Removal Surgery Cost? (photo)

I have a keloid bubble on my left earlobe. (It's really small, about 0.23inch) It's been about 8months. I had steroid injections about 4-5times in June and July but it grew back to that size after a while. I'd like to surgically remove it. How much is it approximately to get a surgery?

Ear keloid cost and treatment options

+1

The longterm results of this treatment depend greatly on whether there is cartilaginous involvement of the keloid.  I would perform a careful presurgical examination to determine the extent of keloid within the tissue. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Keloid

+1

The fee for the excision is $1,200. You will also need adjuvant therapy with steroids which is included.

Keloid on Earlobe Excision Removal Surgery Cost?

+1

Excision of the posterior keloid on lobule would cost $1,200. But remember there is a risk of recurrence. 

Cost of removal of keloid of ear

+1

The cost of the removal of a keloid is dependent on several factors including the individual physician and the location. The size of yours could easily be addressed by surgical removal and steroid injection in an office setting using just local anesthesia.

Your best bet would be to contact a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area, preferentially those who have an interest in and do treat keloids, and obtain estimates from them. Of course, price alone should not be the only determining factor for who you select to perform your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com