Brow and Face Lift 2 Weeks Ago; Have Constant Ringing in Ears?

i am 55 years old and had a brow and facelift 2 weeks ago....since th e this surgery i have had a constant ringing in my ears that i did not have before...when the original bandages were removed there was blood in both ears and they were cleaned but the ringing continues...went back to the doctor and he examined my left ear and saw blood on the eardrum and he thinks this contributing to the ringing and advised me to clean the ears with h20 and perox. i know i am still healing and swollen.advice?

Ringing in Ears After Browlift/Facelift

+1

The ringing in your ears after your facelift may be a temporal coincidence.  If your tinnitus persists you should see an ear, nose, and throat physician who will order a hearing test.  You need to be evaluated with an accurate hearing test to rule this out as a cause for the tinnitus.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ringing in ears following brow lift and facelift

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing following your facelift. In general, the side effects of a facelift may include:

1) Swelling
2) Firmness
3) Bleeding
4) Numbness
5) Bruising
6) Nerve injury that is temporary but sometimes permanent

A brow lift may result in:

1) Swelling
2) Bruising
3) Numbness
4) Firmness

I have not heard of a patient who had ringing ears following a facelift. It is possible the blood on your ears may have something to do with this, but difficult to tell for sure. The area may have become irritated from the blood, resulting in the ringing of the ears you experienced. It sounds like your surgeon is on top of it, and I would continue to listen to his advice. If the ringing persists for an extended period of time, you may want to consider visiting an ENT. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ringing in ears after facelift

+1

This is a new one for me.  Ringing in the ears after a facelift is something I have not heard of. You may want to go to an ENT as well as an audiologist to be examined.

Ear ringing after face lift

+1

While I have not heard of this in my practice, you should know that blood is an irritant, and therefore blood next to the ear drum can cause localized inflammation that might be contributing you your condition.  If this is the cause, it should improve on its own.  

If things don't improve over the next 7-10 days (improve, not necessarily resolve) then I would see an ENT surgeon for a consultation.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Ringing

+1

I have not heard of this issue after facelift surgery but it is plausible that this could be the cause.  I would certainly see an ENT surgeon to evaluate you.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Ringing in Ear after Brow and Facelift for 2 Weeks

+1

I have not had this complaint after facelift, but fluid or blood collections could cause this.   If your surgeon is ENT trained, then you likely have no cause for concern.  If the problem persists, it may be worth seeing an ENT.