Arm Muscle Reduction Surgery? Is There Such a Thing?

I am a female age 25, i don't work out, but I naturally have muscle on my arm. It is really embarrassing. Is there surgery to reduce the muscle? My friends are always laughing at my arm. I was looking in Korea and they reduce calf. can this become on arm too.

Muscle Reduction Surgery Has Potential For Complications

+1

In theory muscles can be surgically reduced, but this isn’t a commonly performed surgical procedure for a variety of reasons. This procedure has the potential for significant complications. In addition, this type of procedure might adversely impact arm function. For these reasons, most plastic surgeons agree that upper arm muscle reduction isn’t a good idea and as a result, they don’t perform this procedure.

In some cases, alternative procedures may occasionally be helpful when arm reduction is desired. Under these circumstances brachioplasty and liposuction might be effective in some cases.

If you’re concerned about upper arm contour, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that’s appropriate for your problem. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Muscle never reduced in arm lift

+1

There are many causes for flabby arms. Incisions can be very small or large depending on location of fat. If one has flabby arms, the best indicator of the treatment would be the elasticity of the skin.  If the skin has good elasticity, then Liposuction alone may be the answer.  If not, then an arm lift to resect the excess skin is best.  However, the best indication for an arm lift, and the most gratifying are those who have lost a lot of weight.  The skin is usually flabby and overstretched.  It is simple and effective to remove the skin that has been stretched past its capacity.  No Liposuction, or other noninvasive modalitiy will help the skin become more firm around the arms.  The length and type of the incision will vary depending upon the location and the amount of fat in the arms.  The cost will also vary by geographic locale.  Most will run anywhere from $3500-$7000.  I would advise you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have treatment recommendations specific to your concerns.

Arm Muscle Reduction

+1

Not a great idea. If you cannot get the surgery in the US usually there is a good reason.

Risks outweigh benefits. Best wishes.

Arm muscle reduction surger?

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you are self conscious about your arm and that your friends laugh at your arm. Perhaps your friends do not realise that they are making you feel uncomfortable and embarrassed - maybe you could quietly but assertively suggest that they stop being mean and teasing you.

Surgery to reduce the size of arm muscles is not common and not recommended. It is theoretically possible to do surgery to remove muscle, and it is theoretically possible to use large doses of botulinum toxin to allow the muscle to shrink, but I do not think you would find a reputable surgeon who would provide treatment for what you describe.

I wish you good luck in learning to accept your arms just as they are.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Arm Muscle Reduction Surgery?

+1

I would suggest that you stay away from any modality/surgical procedure that will reduce arm muscle. I would rather see you change your friends than your anatomy.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_armLift.htm

Arm Muscle Reduction Surgery Not Recommended

+1

Muscles play an important role in the motion of your arm and reduction of muscle mass is not done as part of an accepted main stream plastic surgical practice. Although it would be possible to reduce the function of the muscle temporarily and therefore much of the mass by atrophy with Botox injections - this would be experimental as well as off-label FDA usage and not recommended.