I Don't Need an Arm Lift, I Simply Need It Pulled and Tucked Up, Possible?

I don't need an arm lift. My skin is simply going south due to gravity. If I could have a tuckup in my armpit it would solve my problem. Is this possible?

Mini arm lift

+2

Brachioplasty is a procedure to tighten loose skin of the arm, often as a result of weight loss.  If the skin excess is minimal, particularly in the upper arm, a mini arm lift is a good option with a scar that can be hidden in the armpit.  However, most patients who are unhappy with the excess skin on their arms would benefit more from a full brachioplasty.  I do about 20 full brachioplasty surgeries to every one mini brachioplasty surgeries.

Included is a video of a standard brachioplasty demonstrating the scar.  A mini arm lift would not include the long scar on the inner arm.

Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com/body-surgery-utah/brachioplasty/

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction alone vs arm lift

+1

It is possible to remove more skin by extending the incision.  I generally evaluate both the fat and the skin as separate components.  Evaluating these components helps me to decide whether I can do liposuction alone or if a formal skin excision (arm lift) is necessary.

Arm lift for loose skin...

+1

Having a tuck up in your underarm is possible if the amount of skin to remove is limited, but is not as effective as a traditional arm lift.  A traditional arm lift, or brachioplasty reduces excess skin and fat between your underarm and elbow, giving your arms a more youthful appearance.  It would be beneficial to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, to go over your procedure options and to see which procedure you are the best candidate for.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift: Is it for you?

+1

Yes it is possible to do a limited removal of skin from the armpit area. More extensive incisions are necessary to remove excess skin that is evident along the entire upper arm. Whether or not you have lost a massive amount of weight may predict what will work best for you. More weight loss implies more extra skin. Sometimes liposuction alone or even CoolSculpting can alleviate upper arm problems in select patients. Upper arm lifts aren’t very common, comprising less than one percent of ASAPS members’ procedures. I prefer to treat the upper-arm area with liposuction and avoid excising skin and subcutaneous tissue if possible because of the noticeable scar involved. However, some patients may be candidates for skin excision if they don’t mind the scar or don’t intend to expose their arms much. Whenever possible, I confine the scar to the armpit area rather than carry it down the inside of the upper arm.  So good luck as you see a surgeon to see which category you fit into!  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Options for you

+1

It is difficult to determine whether an armlift would be beneficial for you without any photos. If it is just skin laxity in the upper region of your arm, then a limited brachioplasty (armlift) may be of benefit to you. But if the laxity extends to your elbow then a full brachioplasty may be needed. All of this can be determined by consulting with a board certified surgeon that specializes in body contouring procedures. For more information, I have included a link below that may be of help to you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://losangelesarmlift.com/

Who is a candidate for a modified arm lift

+1

In thin individuals it is possible to do a small arm lift.  This will only help with loose skin of the upper portion of the arm.   In general this is a very limited and modified procedure which gives a limited and modified result.  It is definitely not a substitute for a full standard brachioplasty or arm lift surgery.  Understand what you want corrected and be sure that the method you select will correct your problem.  

Need an Arm Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question.  Without photos, it is difficult to give you a precise answer.  I would highly suggest that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice for your specific situation. Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_armlift.htm

Arm Lift Options

+1

In selected patients with mild loose skin in the most upper part of the arm, a lift into the arm pit can be considered. But in most patients, a full arm lift is better. You should discuss this with a Board Certified plastic surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty scars

+1

A brachioplast or "arm lift" can be one of the most rewarding procedures when chosen for the right candidate.  Disproportionate arm volume in conjunction with redundant skin can be extremely frustrating for patients.  In my opinion, to properly address these issues it is often necessary to remove a significant amount of fat from the upper arm extending from the shoulder to the elbow. In addition, there exists redundant skin throughout the circumference of the arm which is best removed through a strategically placed incision down the length of the arm.  Its impressive when you measure the preop circumference of the arm and compare the measurements to the post op numbers.  Tucking the skin in the arm pit will lead to a very limited change, but without seeing any photos, my answer is purely hypothetical. Best of luck

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Short scar arm lifts not great

+1

Of course you don't "want" a full arm lift but it is rarely the case that you won't need one for the best results.  With no photos we can't say but if the skin is lax anywhere near the elbow, nothing short will affect this area even though your fingers might be able to do it.