Arm Lift for Stretchmarks??

A tummy tuck removes stretchmarks from the stomach..does an arm lift remove stretchmarks from arms?? Thankyou

Arm lift for stretch marks

+1
An arm lift is an effective treatment for stretch marks in many patients.  Your surgeon will be able to simulate the expected results during your consultation to give you the best understanding of your options.

Brachioplasty for Stretch Marks

+1

It’s not unusual for patients with loose saggy upper arm skin to also have stretch marks. Under these circumstances, excision of excess skin not only removes the loose skin, but also removes the stretch marks. Unfortunately, when stretch marks aren’t associated with loose skin, excision only trades stretch marks for scars. For this reason, stretch marks are probably not an appropriate indication for an arm lift procedure.

Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate if you have concerns about stretch marks. This surgeon should be able to make an appropriate recommendation. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks imply poor elasticity of skin

+1

There are many causes for flabby arms. Incisions can be very small or large depending on location of fat. If one has flabby arms, the best indicator of the treatment would be the elasticity of the skin.  If the skin has good elasticity, then Liposuction alone may be the answer.  If not, then an arm lift to resect the excess skin is best.  However, the best indication for an arm lift, and the most gratifying are those who have lost a lot of weight.  The skin is usually flabby and overstretched.  It is simple and effective to remove the skin that has been stretched past its capacity.  No Liposuction, or other noninvasive modalitiy will help the skin become more firm around the arms.  The length and type of the incision will vary depending upon the location and the amount of fat in the arms.  The cost will also vary by geographic locale.  Most will run anywhere from $3500-$7000.  I would advise you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to have treatment recommendations specific to your concerns.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Arm lifting surgery and scars

+1

Arm  lifting surgery involves removal of loose skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms. Stretched marked skin that falls along the lower part of the arms may be removed during this procedure. Stretch marks that involve skin of the upper part of the arm or shoulders will not be removed.

The arm lifting procedure is a great procedure to remove excess skin and adipose tissue of the upper arms. However, this procedure carries a major drawback: difficult scarring that may require scar revision (more so, in my experience, then other procedures).

I have tried placement of the resulting scars in the bicipital  groove (between the biceps and triceps muscles)  as well as a long the inferior–lower aspect of the upper arm. I have found higher patient satisfaction with the latter approach. If the excision can be planned such that the scar falls along the frontal aspect of the lower arm, then the scar may be visible only when the patient raises his/her arms.

As with many plastic surgical procedures, the planning of the incisions and resulting scar line is critical. However, even with attention to detail, the resulting scars may not be ideal and revisionary surgery is  often necessary to improve the appearance (for example, the width) of the scars.

Thank you for the question–I hope this helps.

Will an Arm Lift Remove Stretch Marks?

+1

An arm lift can remove stretch marks from the arm if they are in the area where the redundant skin is to be removed. But if removing stretch marks is your major concern, you will not be happy with the trade off. In order to get a good result, an arm lift has an incision from the armpit to the elbow which is much more visible than stretch marks. However, if you are in need of an arm lift due to redundant skin and fat and are aware of the incision line, then yes another benefit can be the removal of stretch marks.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Arm Lift May Remove Wrinkles Depending on Their Location

+1

A brachioplasty, or arm lift operation will certainly remove stretch marks in a similar way that they are removed during a tummy tuck.  It all depends on where the stretch marks are, and whether they are included in the skin excision pattern on the inside of the arms.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Arm tummy tuck

+1

Brachioplasty will remove the wrinkles if they are in the surgical field. The real goal is , like a tummy tuck, to remove the excess skin.  The three worse things about the procedure is 1st the scar , 2nd the scar and 3rd the scar. Hard to hide  the incision it is  very visable because of the location ( inner arm between the bicep and tricep). Just depends on if you want to exchange the skin for a scar. Look at pre and post photos before having it done.

Paul Albear, MD

Stretch marks from arm

+1

An arm lift removes excess skin from the inside of the arm. This will obviously remove any stretch marks in the skin being removed. This will also improve the appearance in the nearby area by stretching the remaining skin on the arm. The downside of course in a long scar on the inside of the arm.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift helps excessive skin and fat

+1

An arm lift is intended to remove loose skin and fat from the upper arm. If stretch marks are present in the removed skin, they disappear, but stretch marks are not the real indication fror the procedure.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift for stretchmarks - laser?

+1

Short answer - Yes. However this is only true if the stratch marks are in the area at the bottom of your upper arm standing with your arms out. I am really much more intrigued with laser treatment for stra=etch marks though. This past week I gave a talk in Austin, Tx to a group of doctors on Laser Hair Removal. At the meeting another MD was talking about the Lumenis Ultrapulse Fractionated Laser (I have this laser also). This doctor has been using the DeepFX hand piece to treat stretch marks all over the body. In fact several doctors around the country have been experimenting with this with the Lumenis DeepFX system and getting 50 - 70 % improvement in stretch marks. The treatment consists of 2-4 treatments about 2 months apart. No anesthesia is required and it is not ablatve meeting the skin remains intact and there are no open wounds, just some redness for a few days and maybe some crusting. 

Clayton L. Moliver, MD