Aquamid Vs Bio Alcamid for Buttocks Filler

I am considering Aquamid or Bio Alcamid for permanent buttocks filler. Do you think this is a safe option and if so, which of the above is the best and has fewer side effects and disadvantages?

Buttock fillers

+1

Fat transfer remains the best filler for buttock enhancement. If you do not have enough fat consider implants.

Permanent fillers like silicone and hydrogel are illegal and a BAD idea.

Buttock Filler

+1

Permanent fillers beware !!! Buttock, face, anywhere...I have removed enough from other "surgeons" to know it is not a good idea.

See my good friend Dr. Jay Clavert on the Tyra Banks show from 11/4 "Black Market Plastic Surgery"...not a good idea!

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon whom you trust and who is trusted in your community to discuss options!

Good luck!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Im Against Synthetic Injections for Large Augmentations

+1

Bio-alcamid and other fillers are probably a good option for the face, where the filler can be used on small areas. We are talking about using 2-5cc here. For the average buttock augmentation, though, the volumes are in the hundreds of cc's.

You cannot inject that amount of filler and expect a finely contoured result that is free of lumps or bumps. I also see questions on these very boards asking what can be done to remove permanent fillers. What happens as your tissue naturally moves wth the aging process ?

In the face at least, I don't think these permanent fillers move with the tissues in a natural manner.

Your own fat is a much better option, and implants a distant second.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS