What Alternative Does One Have for Breast Reduction Besides an Invasive Surgery?

Are there special physical therapies or treatments that can be employed to reduce the breast fat?

What Alternative Does One Hve for Breast Reduction Besides Surgery?Answer:

+1

Weight loss or surgery....That's about it....But I too have had some success in reducing breasts with Liposuction alone, but mostly for me in breasts that are just large...not really, really large!!! So your choices in surgery might be...Liposuction, which may be more minimally invasive, or a breast reduction...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Exercises or therapy won't reduce breast size to avoid a surgical reduction

+1

There is no miracle way to reduce very large breasts short of a surgical procedure unless they are enlarged due to you being massively overweight. In this situation, weight loss may help reduce their size. No therapy or treatments including advertised breast reduction pills ("Breasts B-Gone"; "Mammo-Reduce"; "Best Bust Redooser") will accomplish this.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast reduction

+1

The only non-invasive way I know to reduce the breast size is weight loss if you are overweight and your breasts are mostly fatty tissue. Otherwise only a surgical reduction is the way.

Breast Reduction Techniques?

+1

There are no “noninvasive” modalities to reduce breast size. Breast reduction surgery ( surgical excision of skin,  adipose tissue, and breast tissue)  and liposuction are the two  surgical modalities available.

Be very careful if anyone suggests “physical therapies or treatments” as a means of breast reduction.

Scarless breast reduction

+1
410 years of my preferred method of production has been the "Scarless" Which is liposuction only. it is definitely not for everyone and we have many cases in our series with reductions up to 3-4. cup sizes. see if there is anyone in your area with a significant series of patients and ask.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Breast Reduction

+1

Other than weight loss and sometimes aging, there is no other way to get smaller breasts. In some patients, the breasts can be made a little smaller with liposuction.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

+1

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to personally target fat loss from the breast. Your overall body weight will certainly play a role so be sure you are at a good weight that is proportionate to your height. BMI (body mass index) is a good reference and the BMI chart can be found by doing an internet search. Surgical reduction of the breast is the gold standard, but in recent years doctors are doing breast liposuction in selected patients. You can get a somewhat limited reduction that way, but it involves only very tiny scars. The problem with liposuction is that it may give you a more deflated look by taking fat out from under the skin rather than also taking skin away. You would need an evaluation by a surgeon familiar with the procedure to determine if you are a candidate for liposuction.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD