I'm Losing Weight but Not in My Breasts, Is a Breast Reduction My Only Option to go from DD to B Cup?

I am 5'4" and I weight 160. I have been losing weight but I am not losing any of the weight in my breasts. i just want to know is having a breast reduction the only way for me to go now i would like to be a small b cup i am a 48 dd

Weight loss and breast size

+1

please, consider the fact that breast is made from fat and gland and ratio of these two are different in different people and would vary with aging in same individual. to answer your question I would suggest if you have reached to your goal weight and you are not happy with the size of your large breast, you need to consider breast reduction. however if you had a significant weight loss recently I will suggest to await about one year to make sure you can maintain the current weight.

Breast Reduction and Weight Loss

+1

If you have tried lossing weight and have not noted a significant reduction in your breast size, the only other option may be a breast reduction.   Breasts are composed of both fat and glandular tissue.   If your breasts contain mostly gland and little fat, you may not note a reduction in the size and weight of your breasts even after substantial weight loss.  If you are a DD cup size you probable are a good candidate for a breast reduction.  However no surgeon can promise you a result with a specific cup size (cup sizes vary among bra manufacturers).  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Does Not Affect Breast Size In Some Women

+1

Not all women will demonstrate a loss or gain of breast tissue in conjunction with a weight loss (or gain).  There is really no acceptable alternative to a breast reduction to achieve going from a DD to B cup.  I am perplexed by your current bra size (48DD).  The 48 inch chest does not compute with a body weight of 160 pounds.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. It sounds like, based on your description, that you may be  an excellent candidate for the procedure. Given that you have lost weight but feel that your press are too large for your frame  breast reduction surgery may be the only option to achieve your goals.

I would suggest  in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified  plastic surgeon. Ask  to see many examples of his/her work in pictures or ( better yet) in person.

Weight loss not affecting breast size, wants small B

+1

How much breasts change with weight loss depends on several factors.  If the the breasts are more fibrous and contain little fat, they may not change significantly in size with weight loss.  If you currently are a double D and would like to be a B cup you should consider breast reduction surgery.  Excess tissue and skin can be removed and the breasts lifted to give a more proportionate, more youthful contour to your new figure.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon