Alternatives to Buccal Fat Removal, or is This the Best Option?

I'm 31 yo, 5'6"/130 lbs, but have always had big cheeks. My older siblings & parents all still have the same chubby cheeks. I had a consult & was told I'd be a good candidate for buccal fat removal. I'd love to do this but after reading so many bad things I'm worried. Can I reduce the chubby appearance of my lower/mid-face using a combo of less controversial procedures (e.g. filler for NL/marionette folds & rhino to refine my pudgy nose), or is BF-removal a good option in my particular case?

Alternatives to Buccal Fat Pad Removal

+1

Dear ChubbyCheeks,

Buccal fat pad removal is a delicate procedure best fitting candidates with chubby cheeks that will not be prone to atrophy with age progression. Suffering from a hollow face later on in life is not that pleasant. This procedure is best performed by surgeons of ample experience in that field.

If you are looking for permanent results in term of slimmer "heart shaped" face, I encourage you to seek a consultation with an extensively experienced surgeon who will provide you with the best advises so you will be making a well informed decision.

It looks like facial contouring with fillers and Botox could be an option for you. Only through physical examination that a surgeon is able to provide definitive solutions.

Thank you for sharing you photographs.

Best of luck to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Buccal fat pad removal or not

+1

In looking at your photos, I think that fillers might actually make you look fuller than you already are. I do think that your rounded face is due to some extent form the buccal fat pad, but not completely. Removing it might give you a less round lower face, and it might be what you are looking for. I will say though, that fat in the face keeps us looking younger as we age. When one loses facial fat, the aging looks more apparent. I say that because you might be trading of a short term improvement for an earlier need to have more surgery in the future due to accelerated aging.

Buccal Fat Reduction

+1

Do you like your appearance when you suck in your cheeks? Buccal fat removal may be an appropriate option to reduce excess volume of the face and enhance the cheeks.

Buccal fat reduction is an uncommon procedure with certain risks, such as bleeding, infection, pain, and numbness. Another option that one could consider for facial sculpting is masseter muscle reduction. Botox injections into the masseter muscle will gradually shrink the face and create a more feminine face. Lastly, filling the nasolabial lines with a filler could potentially provide your desired results too.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/facial-sculpting.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon