Does Alexia Breast Reduction Pills Really Work?

I am a very petite girl with a chest size 32DD. I want a reduction in size, but am nervous about breast reduction surgery. I heard about this pill that claims it can naturally reduce your breast size by targeting those specialized fat cells. Is it a hoax?

Alexia Could be a Scam, and Could Have Dangerous Side Effects

I researched Alexia scientifically:  
I read the Amazon product reviews!  

Half of the reviewers gave the product one of five stars, and some reported racing hearts and hospital visits.  

The other half gave 5 star reviews, but many made no sense.  Many said they went from 38D to 36D to 34D.  If that were true, that sounds more like a weight loss than a breast loss.  

Surgical Breast Reduction is safe and reliable. In a large outcome study, 98.7% of patients were either Very Glad or Glad that they had their surgery, and 90% of their back pain, neck pain and shoulder grooving was eliminated or reduced.  A very happy group!  

Scam Pills

Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty patients are among the most satisfied of all plastic surgery patients. Large breasts (macromastia) can often decrease quality of life for a woman. With breast reduction, you can have smaller breasts that sit higher on your chest wall. You will also find relief in your neck and back with the decrease in weight and more ergonomic position of your breasts.
There are several different variations of breast reduction, differing by size, and amount of incisions; procedure; and the results. The different types of reduction techniques include: The wise pattern breast lift, the anchor shaped incision, and the donut mastopexy.
1. The wise pattern breast lift involves an anchor-shaped incision around the natural contour of the breast. To most patients surprise, this scar is mostly hidden under the inferior aspect of the breast. However, the scar around the nipple/areola is visible. Most patients heal this anchor type scar very well and are satisfied with smaller areola in exchange for the scars. This surgery is used when there is a lot of excess skin that needs to be removed in order to lift the breast and give it a more aesthetic shape.
2. Often times, the anchor shaped incision can me diminished to create a lollipop or J shaped incision. This results in some excess skin at the inferior aspect of the breast near the breast crease that will flatten out over a 6 month period. Some patients are willing to tolerate this excess skin for 6 months in exchange for a smaller scar. This is a personal decision that each patient can make.
3. The donut mastopexy involves creating an incision around the areola and removing a doughnut-shaped area of skin. This surgery can be used for patients that need a smaller amount of lifting. This surgery results in a scrunched-up look to the breast skin surrounding the areola for about 6 months before it flattens out. Patients need to be understanding and tolerant of this in exchange for an areola-only scar. These patients do run the risk of areola widening as well.
Insurance may cover some of these cases when back pain, shoulder bra-notching, and rashes under the breast are present. Insurances vary though and your doctor can submit a report and photos to see if your insurance approves your procedure.
The risks of the procedure include bleeding, infection, bruising, poor scarring, pain, swelling, and changes to nipple and areola sensation, and rarely, partial or total nipple loss. The recovery time is usually a couple weeks if all goes well. In general, however, breast reduction patients are some of the most satisfied and grateful plastic surgery patients. This is truly a life-changing procedure. In my area, the cost ranges from 6700-8500. Best of luck!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Pills Won't Reduce Large Breasts

Unfortunately, pills will not reduce the breasts.
Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous people who will exploit the desires of people to avoid surgery by offering fake quick fixes.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Pills a hoax

I have never heard of this pill before, however, unfortunately there are no pills or creams even work for reducing the breast and or increasing the breast size. 

Breast Reduction Pills

While I am not familiar with the particular pill your are describing, I would be very skeptical about claims that a pill can reduce the size of your breasts. 

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Does breast reduction pill work?

Unfortunately, there is no magic pill that will lead to a breast reduction. Regarding the surgical scars: You are trading in large poor saggy shape for smaller tighter more shapely breast with some scars. Unless you are prone to keloids, it is exceeding rare that anyone minds scars when the size and shape is so much prettier.

Orna Fisher, MD

Simply put, there is no way to predictably reduce breasts into a cosmetically acceptable shape and form.  There are many ways to reduce the size of the breast tissue including diet and exercise, however all of the alternative therapies will give a negligible reduction in size and will most likely worsen the droop and shape of the breasts.  The best and most predictable way is through a reduction mammaplasty or breast reduction surgery.

Payman Danielpour, MD

No Pills for Breast Reduction

There are no medications or pills that will cause the breasts to shrink appreciably. In the immediate period after childbirth, some women are prescribed Parlodel to stop milk production. The rsult is of course a decrease in the size of the milk glands but this is not a breast reduction.

Alexander G. Nein, MD

Pills for breast reduction

In a nutshell, yes it is a hoax.

If there were a way for a pill to reduce fat in a specific area the inventor would be on their way to Stockholm for the Nobel prize.

Fat reduction takes place throughout the body when your metabolic needs exceed your caloric intake. It is as simple as calories in vs calories burned. 

All the Best

Dr. J

A. Dean Jabs, MD, PhD
Bethesda, MD/McLean, VA

Alexia Breast Reduction Pills

There is no science behind these pills so use them at your own risk and discretion. You are better off consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS