How Soon After a TCA Blue Peel Can You Get Microdermabrasion Done?

I got a chemical peel about 1.6 weeks ago and now i have some small pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads gallore! It did help with previous acne scars, and fine lines. But now my face looks a mess-way worse then it did before. And basically it occured mostly in my T area, this is where I use my differin gel .3. I did quit using it 5 days prior like my derm asked and I guess I was just 'unlucky' enough to suffer side effects of a breakout after the peel. Will dermabrasion help? And when can I do this?

Microdermabrasions can be done 2-4 weeks after a TCA peel

+2

TCA peels are great for the skin and should be done periodically to enhance the skin. Microdermabrasions can be done as soon as 2-4 weeks after a TCA peel so as to prevent or remove residual or new comedones but should be done lightly at first.

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hydrafacial treatment after laser or Blue Peel + Melaquin

+1

The hydrafacial treatment may be a more milder option after CO2 laser or blue peel treatment.  Make sure you continue to use a skin lightener such as Melaquin PM or equivalent. Surgery90210

Microdermabrasons and TCA Blue Peel

+1

Microdermabrasions are rarely needed after a blue peel.  However, microdermabrasions can be done safely about 3 weeks after the blue peel depending on the patient and the severity of the blue peel.

Microdermabrasion is not a very effective treatment

+1

Microdermabrasion is not a very effective treatment. It is more of a spa approach. After a TCA peel regular follow up with milder peels can help maintain the benefits of the deeper peel.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Tca peel

+1

After TCA peel, I find there is no reason for Microdermaberasion. A good medical grade skin care is far superior to maintaining the results than Microdermaberasion