How Soon After a TCA Blue Peel Can You Get Microdermabrasion Done?

I got a chemical peel about 1.6 weeks ago and now i have some small pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads gallore! It did help with previous acne scars, and fine lines. But now my face looks a mess-way worse then it did before. And basically it occured mostly in my T area, this is where I use my differin gel .3. I did quit using it 5 days prior like my derm asked and I guess I was just 'unlucky' enough to suffer side effects of a breakout after the peel. Will dermabrasion help? And when can I do this?

Hydrafacial treatment after laser or Blue Peel + Melaquin

The hydrafacial treatment may be a more milder option after CO2 laser or blue peel treatment.  Make sure you continue to use a skin lightener such as Melaquin PM or equivalent. Surgery90210

Microdermabrasions can be done 2-4 weeks after a TCA peel

TCA peels are great for the skin and should be done periodically to enhance the skin. Microdermabrasions can be done as soon as 2-4 weeks after a TCA peel so as to prevent or remove residual or new comedones but should be done lightly at first.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Microdermabrasons and TCA Blue Peel

Microdermabrasions are rarely needed after a blue peel.  However, microdermabrasions can be done safely about 3 weeks after the blue peel depending on the patient and the severity of the blue peel.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Microdermabrasion is not a very effective treatment

Microdermabrasion is not a very effective treatment. It is more of a spa approach. After a TCA peel regular follow up with milder peels can help maintain the benefits of the deeper peel.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Tca peel

After TCA peel, I find there is no reason for Microdermaberasion. A good medical grade skin care is far superior to maintaining the results than Microdermaberasion