After Rhinoplasty PDS Plate is Coming Through my Nasal Skin at the Bottom of my Tip, What Can Be Done?

I had a revision rhinoplasty because my nose shifted and I went back with my srgeon to get it fixed he added a PDS plate, which he did not mention until after the surgery, he also changed my nose and did not do what I had asked him to do. 3 months post op the pds plate is visible and the hole is getting bigger and bigger.. Since I am only 3 months post op is it safe to open the nose once again and remove the plate? or how long must I wait?How can the hole be fixed? is there a solution?THANK U!

PDS Plate Coming Through Skin 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

If the  PDS plate is exposed and the hole is getting bigger this should be treated immediately. I know we normally advise waiting for revision work but this should be evaluated and treated now before the problem is more severe. Other cosmetic concerns can be addressed later.

Hello

+1
Sounds like you need to be seen immediately. Having a foreign object in your body exposed can lead to an infection. You need to be seen by a specialist.

+1

Sounds like you need to be seen by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Exposed grafts and inserted man made substances, used during Rhinoplasty, need to be removed ASAP IMHO when they become exposed to minimize the risk of infection.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com